TowPro

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150, 23 MME
Country flag
I ordered my adapter several weeks ago. when I saw the first mention of it on this page, I ordered. (one of the first).

On my ford pass I can see both my F150 and my wife's mach E.
Her ford pass has another email address than mine uses.

I seem to recall a "your order has been received" but never an email.
Once people started talking about delivery dates shown, I contacted ford.
they said to log into my ford account on line, click on reservations and orders and you will see the order.
Firefox will not even open that screen.
today both edge and chrome opens a screen "sometimes things just don't go as planned" and shows nothing
in the past chrome just would open a blank page.

I see no order for an adapter. I don't see an email for ordering an adapter.
when I click on the link to order an adapter it just takes me to a screen that has nothing to do with an adapter (like I already ordered one?)

ford also said they can't see orders like that.
the dealer has my wife logging into her phone ford pass, connected services but nothing there either.

Am I going to get an adapter or not?
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I ordered my adapter several weeks ago. when I saw the first mention of it on this page, I ordered. (one of the first).

On my ford pass I can see both my F150 and my wife's mach E.
Her ford pass has another email address than mine uses.

I seem to recall a "your order has been received" but never an email.
they said to log into my ford account on line, click on reservations and orders and you will see the order.
Firefox will not even open that screen.
today both edge and chrome opens a screen "sometimes things just don't go as planned" and shows nothing
in the past chrome just would open a blank page.

I see no order for an adapter. I don't see an email for ordering an adapter.
when I click on the link to order an adapter it just takes me to a screen that has nothing to do with an adapter (like I already ordered one?)

ford also said they can't see orders like that.
the dealer has my wife logging into her phone ford pass, connected services but nothing there either.

Am I going to get an adapter or not?
Maybe try to check your status here:
https://mustangmacheclub.org/check-your-ford-nacs-adapter-order-status/

I had to log into my Ford account and then the page loaded.

Ford Mustang Mach-E ordering new tesla adaptor 1711644878568-ms

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Check your email spam / junk folders.

Email was sent a minute after I ordered mine.

Ford Mustang Mach-E ordering new tesla adaptor Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 11.51.06 AM

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

That is absolutely incorrect. It does not show unless you click on the email link.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag

AEGinMD

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Ice Blue Silver (Nov 2022)
Occupation
government bureaucrat
Country flag

Scott Bridges

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-e AWD 91KwH Space White
Occupation
Med Devices
Country flag
Thanks for posting that link, I think, lol. I ordered mine 3/6/24 and it says September 2024… Ugh.

Dhruval Shah

First Name
Dhruval
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
:) I was just coming here to post the link. But you beat me to it and you even got the updated URL!
Hey Patrick, I've been following your content and I really appreciate all the things you do. When are you going to post the Lectron NACS adapter review? Just waiting for your thoughts on it. I've already placed my order but would opt for A2Z if that works better.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Hey Patrick, I've been following your content and I really appreciate all the things you do. When are you going to post the Lectron NACS adapter review? Just waiting for your thoughts on it. I've already placed my order but would opt for A2Z if that works better.
We just got the Lectron Adapter yesterday and tested it for about 25 minutes. It worded as expected with no issues. We'll do some more stuff and hopefully have a video review Monday.

As far as function... Both A2Z and Lectron adapters worked and I feel like they both have necessary safety features. You plug them in and they just work.

Their designs are quite different. The Lectron is way bigger and bulkier. I prefer the size of the A2Z over the Lectron. I think they both feel durable but I didn't do a drop test.

They way they plug into the Mach-E is similar but they differ in how they secure themselves onto the Tesla NACS connector.

With the Lectron, you push a button/lever to attach it to the Tesla connector and to release it as well. When you are not pushing the button, it should stay secured on to the Tesla connector. It is also connected to a microswitch so that if it is pushed in, charging won't happen. I like this system but the position of the button is sorta right where you want to hold it while you are plugging the adapter into the car. It didn't really cause an issue, but was just a little tricky.

Wit A2Z, it has a sliding lock to secure the Tesla connector. You insert the Tesla NACS cable and then slide the latch into the locked position. At first, I had some troubles with this design because when I plugged it into the car, I was accidentally unlocking the slider. I got used to making sure I didn't do that and also double checking to make sure it was locked after plugging in.

BTW, with either adapter, you know it has a successful connection when you hear the Mach-E "grab" the adapter and locking it in. With both the Lectron and A2Z, there was a time or two where I didn't immediately hear that so I just checked everything and then it would lock in.

Bottom line, both will work fine and both aren't perfect from a design perspective on how they latch onto the cable. I've seen the tech documents on each and from my non-expert perspective they look robust and safe.

If I were to buy one now, I'd probably go with the A2Z because I like the smaller size - and I have the discount code that I put in the video description on YouTube. That would make it a bit cheaper than the Lectron. But if you can find a discount code for Lectron or get better shipping times, it is a good alternative. (I've asked Lectron if they can provide me a discount code to match A2Z and expect to hear back on Monday.)

uclavic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD ER
Country flag
My order was same date as yours 2/29/2024 and shipment is July 2024.
What's your order number? I saw that ordering was open when I got up on the 29th and tried unsuccessfully for a few hours to place an order. By the time I got in it was a couple of hours later. I have an order number just above 9000 and my confirmation says that it will ship by May. So if you ordered later in the day July is totally plausible. I figured that Tesla was only getting about 5-7.5K units out per month with the early builds and then will ramp production from there.
Sponsored