jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
If all goes well, my Mach-e will get delivered sometime in November (build week is 9/27). I took another test drive yesterday and confirmed with my sales rep that I'll be paying no more than MSRP. It's the perk of ordering, I guess. I asked how much I should expect to pay for tags/title/registration and he wasn't sure but said it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,500. Does that sound right to you? It seems a little steep, but maybe that's how it is. Please share your experience if you'd like. Thanks!

edit: I ran some quick numbers via the DMV website and came up with $1,067 (includes a "Share the Road" plate fee.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AMJ

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER
Country flag
If all goes well, my Mach-e will get delivered sometime in November (build week is 9/27). I took another test drive yesterday and confirmed with my sales rep that I'll be paying no more than MSRP. It's the perk of ordering, I guess. I asked how much I should expect to pay for tags/title/registration and he wasn't sure but said it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,500. Does that sound right to you? It seems a little steep, but maybe that's how it is. Please share your experience if you'd like. Thanks!

edit: I ran some quick numbers via the DMV website and came up with $1,067 (includes a "Share the Road" plate fee.
If you join the Mustang Club of America you can get X-Plan pricing. After you join, and are a member for 90 days (it used to be 30 days) you can get a pin number that will get you around $800 off the price of the car. It also caps your documentation fees at around $200, maybe less. I joined back in February before I ordered my car. The dealer I am going through said they would accept X Plan pricing. Note that not all dealers accept X Plan pricing so you will need to check with them if they do.

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag

Interesting... I just took a closer look at my sales sheet and it was $1587. I probably should've taken a closer look at the time of purchase so I think I'll be calling my dealer (Damerow) but there's a line that doesn't quite add up that says "/TAX". Who's your dealer?

Ford sales.png

OP
OP
jddrews

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting... I just took a closer look at my sales sheet and it was $1587. I probably should've taken a closer look at the time of purchase so I think I'll be calling my dealer (Damerow) but there's a line that doesn't quite add up that says "/TAX". Who's your dealer?

Ford sales.png
I wonder if they tacked it on as some sort of dealer fee disguised as a tax. There is an auto tax I believe in Oregon but I think it’s for used vehicles. I’m not certain though.

I’ll be purchasing through Landmark. It’ll be my first time working with them.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I bought from St Helen's Auto and there was no /Tax of any amount.

Syaorandc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Before: Model Y, Bolt, ID.4 Now: Niro EV, Mach-E
Country flag
$1500 is insane for title/registration fees.

Oregon has a .005% privilege tax that most dealers pass on. They can, its legal. You should be paying License/Registration, Title/Doc fees and privilege tax.

For a new license plate that is:
Title Fee: $187
Plates: $24.50 x 2
Multnomah Fee: $112 (Only if you live in these counties)
Washington/Clackamas Fee: $60 (Only if you live in these counties)
Dealer Doc Fee: $115-$150 (This is the usual amount most dealers charge)
Privilege Tax: $250ish (depends on the cost of the car)

So around $1K.

Luckily I am transferring plates so my fees are:
Transfer Plates - $6
Title: $187
Dealer Doc Fee: $115-150
Privilege Tax - $250

Also no Oregon dealer accepts the X-plan. At least none in the valley. Checked Portland down to Eugene and they all refuse to accept any plans from Ford. The one good thing is that the Salem dealer (there is only 1), does not do any markups. Portland dealers are all doing $3K markups.

OP
OP
jddrews

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
$1500 is insane for title/registration fees.

Oregon has a .005% privilege tax that most dealers pass on. They can, its legal. You should be paying License/Registration, Title/Doc fees and privilege tax.

For a new license plate that is:
Title Fee: $187
Plates: $24.50 x 2
Multnomah Fee: $112 (Only if you live in these counties)
Washington/Clackamas Fee: $60 (Only if you live in these counties)
Dealer Doc Fee: $115-$150 (This is the usual amount most dealers charge)
Privilege Tax: $250ish (depends on the cost of the car)

So around $1K.

Luckily I am transferring plates so my fees are:
Transfer Plates - $6
Title: $187
Dealer Doc Fee: $115-150
Privilege Tax - $250

Also no Oregon dealer accepts the X-plan. At least none in the valley. Checked Portland down to Eugene and they all refuse to accept any plans from Ford. The one good thing is that the Salem dealer (there is only 1), does not do any markups. Portland dealers are all doing $3K markups.
Yes, my estimate is around $1,067. I did get it writing that my dealer, Landmark, doesn't apply any ADM to orders. I"m sure they mark up their own inventory, though. Thanks for looking into all of that.

Syaorandc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, my estimate is around $1,067. I did get it writing that my dealer, Landmark, doesn't apply any ADM to orders. I"m sure they mark up their own inventory, though. Thanks for looking into all of that.
Yeah Landmark had one in stock and marked it up $3K. Courtesy marks up everything 3K even if you ordered it. Skyline, thankfully, doesn't mark up anything.

Just found out that there is also the CAT tax that dealers can pass on too. It is .004%

Last edited:

MachErik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue MME SR AWD
Country flag
I got my Infinite Blue at Gresham Ford on X-plan. This was in June but they were the only dealer that had x-plan on their site. They did say at that time they weren't doing x-plan on the Full size Broncos so maybe they won't do it on MME now. My title and taxes were just over 1400. Part of the increased cost is due to EVs not having to pay gas taxes so the licensing fees for them are higher. Apparently we're all going to paying for tolls soon so yay.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ray Schultens Ford in The Dalles also is not doing ADM. Currently they have none in stock but they will have a RR Premium 4X in a couple weeks.

Syaorandc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like Skyline Ford in Salem might be following Courtesy and Landmark Ford and tacking on ADMs now. They have a GT instock that was at the sticker price of $61K yesterday but today its now up $5K.

Mine "should" arrive this week but I am a bit suspicious of them now due to their inability to respond to any emails and refusal to give a VVR.

Damerow Ford was listed on the NO ADM spreadsheet but looks like they are now also marking up $5K.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jddrews

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just bought my car yesterday. One HUGE surprise is that I got the full $2,500 incentive for Ford Options. It was only $1,000 through October, I believe. There was also another $600 incentive added which I'm still not understanding, but win/win, right? So, total off MSRP was $3,100! Not bad at all. There was no ADM.

Another thing I would recommend if you're going with Ford Options on your order is to go through the online checkout process. You'll have all your numbers available so you can compare that with what the finance guy is coming up with. Landmark was excellent, btw, but it was only the 2nd time they'd worked out a Ford Options plan so they were still unfamiliar with it. There was no funny business and they worked diligently to match what I came up with through Ford Credit.

Edit to add: Taxes and fees came out to about $1,600. It's more expensive to register an EV in Oregon. I didn't really bark because it's what I was expecting and the unexpected extra incentives made me not fret about it.

Syaorandc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just bought my car yesterday. One HUGE surprise is that I got the full $2,500 incentive for Ford Options. It was only $1,000 through October, I believe. There was also another $600 incentive added which I'm still not understanding, but win/win, right? So, total off MSRP was $3,100! Not bad at all. There was no ADM.

Another thing I would recommend if you're going with Ford Options on your order is to go through the online checkout process. You'll have all your numbers available so you can compare that with what the finance guy is coming up with. Landmark was excellent, btw, but it was only the 2nd time they'd worked out a Ford Options plan so they were still unfamiliar with it. There was no funny business and they worked diligently to match what I came up with through Ford Credit.

Edit to add: Taxes and fees came out to about $1,600. It's more expensive to register an EV in Oregon. I didn't really bark because it's what I was expecting and the unexpected extra incentives made me not fret about it.
Nice, congrats!

Taxes and Fees for me came out to $779 but I was transferring plates and I'm not in Clackamas or Washington County. Got the full $2,500 here as well. Didn't see any other incentive but they did apply my deposit(Salesman said it wouldn't be applied). Finance manager was a TON nicer than the Salesman/Sales Manager. Sales Manager didn't have a clue what Ford Options was.

OP
OP
jddrews

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I forgot to mention that they overlooked my $500 deposit at first. They had to dig up the record for it in the accounting office and then we tacked in onto the down payment at the very end. The whole thing took about an hour and a half.

Totally loving the car, omg.
Sponsored