JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
It seems that these OTA cause other issues and then I wouldn't be surprised at 40k miles they end up causing out of warranty repairs to owners. Just thoughts I had today as I had a great operating phone calling capability then updates and it is hosed.
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
This is something some last gen (2018-2020) Ford F150 (and probably others) owners are dealing with. There was a Sync 3.4 OTA update that bricked APIMs for some vehicles...others have been having functionality issues.

I am going to follow closely how Ford stands behind their product here. If they leave owners out to dry for repairs or canx OTAs for out of warranty vehicles, it's going to impact me sticking with them as a customer.

smhenn

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
This is something some last gen (2018-2020) Ford F150 (and probably others) owners are dealing with. There was a Sync 3.4 OTA update that bricked APIMs for some vehicles...others have been having functionality issues.

I am going to follow closely how Ford stands behind their product here. If they leave owners out to dry for repairs or canx OTAs for out of warranty vehicles, it's going to impact me sticking with them as a customer.
Do you know what Ford did for those F150 owners?

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
After warranty is up, I'd shut off OTA updates
This is actually a really good idea. Given that I can barely see any difference in my vehicle (except for the one major UI change) after 'updates', I don't think there is any real benefit.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'd counter it's not a smart move to turn them off, and that Ford will figure out how to handle when an update causes issues.

Delberto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do you know what Ford did for those F150 owners?
I have been dealing with this issue relative to my 2020 F150.

Vehicle is now out of warranty. Ford saying +$1000 for repairs.

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
My mme is still malfunctioning, today 5 screen resets while my wife drove. 2 weeks in shop, camera, screen replacement, sw updates, no change
Sponsored