tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If my car isn’t on Wi-Fi and isn’t charging can I still receive OTAs??? I haven’t gotten one since I got the car in Feb…
Sponsored

samlaw13

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD MME Selext
Country flag
Since Nov 2021, Still have "version": "2.0.0" and syncVersion": "SYNC4 v4.0.21180",
"lastUpdatedDate": null
per the scriptable Ford Widget . Only game is Sketch. Wats up with that?
I’m in almost the same boat. OTA deployment expired a month ago and hasn’t tried again. Ford says everything is fine but my car is still only on 1.7.1 with all of its bugs.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I’m in almost the same boat. OTA deployment expired a month ago and hasn’t tried again. Ford says everything is fine but my car is still only on 1.7.1 with all of its bugs.
If you check the sync version and serial numbers, are you seeing serial numbers for everything? I had an issue where I was missing a serial number after an update and the dealership didn't notice until I pointed it out (thanks to the help from people on this forum) They had to update the gateway module and that seemed to fix things and brought back the serial number. This dealership update was done about 6-8 weeks ago but I was already on 2.3 at that point due to other dealership updates so didn't have any newer version to update to until I received my first OTA (2.6.0) yesterday.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Just got 2.7.2 yesterday. Almost caused accidents and made my passengers nautious! Car was wonderful before this. Good regen rates and smooth auto hold. Now, car behaves like an ice vehicle. Lifting foot off gas doesn't stop the car! Slight slowdown but that it. Put car in reverse and it immediately creeps backward!
I have auto hold enabled. Now, you MUST press brake to fully stop car. Then if you remove foot, won't creep but pressing gas pedal cause abrupt jerk!
Anyway to get the regen level back where it was?
Not very happy now!
My wife gets nauseous when I drive in any mode except whisper. She simply hates engaged since it does regen and she feels like the car is dragging the ground. I dare not even try 1-foot driving with her in the car.

samlaw13

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD MME Selext
Country flag
If you check the sync version and serial numbers, are you seeing serial numbers for everything? I had an issue where I was missing a serial number after an update and the dealership didn't notice until I pointed it out (thanks to the help from people on this forum) They had to update the gateway module and that seemed to fix things and brought back the serial number. This dealership update was done about 6-8 weeks ago but I was already on 2.3 at that point due to other dealership updates so didn't have any newer version to update to until I received my first OTA (2.6.0) yesterday.
I have a sync serial number now after they got it unstuck from the failed 1.7.1 rollout but then left me on 1.7.1. Someone on the forums said that my car is definitely not stuck anymore but I just wonder why it hasn’t updated at all since I picked it up. Dealer told me to expect an update two weeks after I picked it up and now it’s been a month and nothing.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I have a sync serial number now after they got it unstuck from the failed 1.7.1 rollout but then left me on 1.7.1. Someone on the forums said that my car is definitely not stuck anymore but I just wonder why it hasn’t updated at all since I picked it up. Dealer told me to expect an update two weeks after I picked it up and now it’s been a month and nothing.
I believe there was a bit of a hold on some OTA updates briefly so perhaps your VIN range was towards the end of the list for roll out?

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Pup 2.6 finally installed for me. I kept an eye on the scriptable widget which had flipped from 'failed' to 'ready' yesterday or so. Will keep an eye on the widget for the next pup to drop, as well as the new multi-day update option.

Baby steps to BC.

First Name
Reiner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Match-E, 2013 Scion FR-S
Occupation
Manager, Software Engineering in Test
Country flag
Just got 2.7.2 yesterday. Almost caused accidents and made my passengers nautious! Car was wonderful before this. Good regen rates and smooth auto hold. Now, car behaves like an ice vehicle. Lifting foot off gas doesn't stop the car! Slight slowdown but that it. Put car in reverse and it immediately creeps backward!
I have auto hold enabled. Now, you MUST press brake to fully stop car. Then if you remove foot, won't creep but pressing gas pedal cause abrupt jerk!
Anyway to get the regen level back where it was?
Not very happy now!
We got 2.7.2 installed over the weekend, although the update improved Unbridled Mode’s regen braking, I noticed that the same update adversely affected the Engaged Mode’s regen braking. I would describe it as a floaty feeling when I would let go of the accelerator and had to adjust to a longer braking distance.

The only thing that resolved it was the update to 2.7.3. After the update, the regen braking for Engaged Mode felt better, even compared it to the prior feeling pre-2.7.2 update. From my observation 2.7.3 didn’t affect the Unbridled Mode regen braking.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
What was the OTA that increased the charging rate after 80% SOC? Should 2021 build 2 cars have that already, or OTA is still required?

I tried ChargePoint DCFC to learn how it works, but I came to it with 79% already, so it immediately hit 80% and the rate was a ridiculous 6.4 kW.

drivenfilms

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Videography / Photographer
Country flag
I got my car last July…haven’t received a single OTA update. Is my shit broken?

even took it into ford for the glass roof recall around the time that the update containing “notes” was released. That update didn’t seem to get installed.

my car says “up to date”…

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I got my car last July…haven’t received a single OTA update. Is my shit broken?

even took it into ford for the glass roof recall around the time that the update containing “notes” was released. That update didn’t seem to get installed.

my car says “up to date”…
It would have your dealer check it out. Maybe you have a stick 1.7.1 to be tall or something that is preventing your OTA updates.

1.7.1 is the update that has the notes app, and it’s a known issue for it to prevent further updates. I would take it to your dealer and ask them to try and fix. Ford has a service notice about the issue so don’t let your dealer charge you anything for the fix.

EVTRAVEL

First Name
JIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150, MACH E
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
When I got 2.3.0 back in January....I kept getting a message that no chargers were in range and a low battery warning. That continued for a few days and then went away.

I got this version of that update today as well but no charger or battery warnings. Maybe that was part of the "enhancements"?
I see Mach E owners getting updates to 2.6, 2.7, etc, which I assume is for Job 1 builds but How do I find out what update Version my Job 2 Mach E is at?

My Sync is version is 21180 revision 176 and I have received 1 update for BC maps. There are a number of updates that are available, i.e Charging curve enhancement. Has anyone with Job 2 build received any OTA updates other than BC maps?

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
If my car isn’t on Wi-Fi and isn’t charging can I still receive OTAs??? I haven’t gotten one since I got the car in Feb…
You have a "job 2" car. There have been no updates for job 2 cars because they came with everything more up to date. These updates are just getting job 1 cars to parity.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
You have a "job 2" car. There have been no updates for job 2 cars because they came with everything more up to date. These updates are just getting job 1 cars to parity.
So if I have a job 2 car and my charge drops after 80%, I can complain to Ford and insist on OTA or any other method to update it?
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Powerup Software 2.6.0. First update in a while. 80prcnt
Sponsored