dzhou

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Premium Ext All Wheel '22
Country flag
I got my MachE early October and I've been loving it so far. My one issue is that my car looks like its stuck on either 3.5.2 or waiting to update to it. Pretty much since I've had it, the update screen shows 3.5.2 with a description but the update now button is greyed out.

First, does this mean that I'm currently on that version or is that what I'll be updating to?
Second, anyway to push for a quicker update? It sounds like my options are to either wait or take it to a dealer. I've also tried connecting it to wifi but no luck.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Based on your description, your vehicle installed Power-Up 3.5.2 via an over the air delivery.

Most of the time, Ford's Power-Up deliveries are distributed to vehicles through a phased deployment strategy. They start with a small number of vehicles, monitor feedback, then release to a larger group, monitor, and so on.

There's nothing you can do to force other updates to download. It's controlled on Ford's end not in the vehicle. However, once an update is queued for delivery to your car, the car will typically download it while you're out and about, driving around. So connecting the car to WiFi isn't very important (so far anyway), as long as you've got AT&T coverage while you're driving around town.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Adjust your expectations, you might go months without a new OTA update showing up. Just drive the car normally and the updates will come as soon as they are made available for your VIN. It can take several months for everyone to get an OTA update from the time it first shows up on someone else's car.

Your car is new enough it probably doesn't need hardly any OTA updates. Do you have YouTube streaming?

Ford may have paused new 3.5.3 installs due to issues. You never know.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Just want to chime in to say that I wish my car was stuck on 3.5.2, and I would have turned auto updates off had I known what was in store with 3.5.3 and/or 3.5.4.

Yeah, Youtube is a nice addition but it's so slow that it's almost more like a gimmick. Meanwhile a lot of other more important functions have regressed IMHO (profiles and Carplay namely).

OP
OP

dzhou

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Premium Ext All Wheel '22
Country flag
Adjust your expectations, you might go months without a new OTA update showing up. Just drive the car normally and the updates will come as soon as they are made available for your VIN. It can take several months for everyone to get an OTA update from the time it first shows up on someone else's car.

Your car is new enough it probably doesn't need hardly any OTA updates. Do you have YouTube streaming?

Ford may have paused new 3.5.3 installs due to issues. You never know.
I don't have youtube streaming so I was hoping to get that update to try out the feature.
Sponsored