OTA update turns off 1-Pedal driving and wipes out charger settings.

Tfeni52355

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Soon to be Mach E Premium
Country flag
The HVDC Contactor update on our MME turned off the 1-pedal driving settings and also wiped out my Home charging time and charge level settings. Way to go Ford. Now I will have to re-commission the car to make sure we have brakes after every update. WTF!
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The HVDC Contactor update on our MME turned off the 1-pedal driving settings and also wiped out my Home charging time and charge level settings. Way to go Ford. Now I will have to re-commission the car to make sure we have brakes after every update. WTF!
I don't know what "recommission car" means, but it's easy to resave the location.

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yep, mine also installed outside the hours I set for updates. I drove it to early vote, popped inside for how ever long that took and when I came back out, 1PD was off and the car rolled backwards unexpectedly. Luckily I caught it before anything bad happened.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
It’s a computer. It’s a glitch. There’s more to come so better get used to it. Everything in this car is electronic and run from software. The good news is that most of it is just a slight annoyance and doesn’t require a “recommissioning.” This one is easy - turn 1PD back on and save it by pressing and holding your profile button on the driver’s door until it beeps. The charging location will show up again once you charge at home. Check your charge settings after it does - no reboots or reinstalls required. This will probably happen again on a future OTA.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Just redo them, easy fix.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yep, mine also installed outside the hours I set for updates. I drove it to early vote, popped inside for how ever long that took and when I came back out, 1PD was off and the car rolled backwards unexpectedly. Luckily I caught it before anything bad happened.
As a 2PD driver.....I am a little confused with these sorts of posts. When using 1PD, don't you have to still put your foot on the brake pedal to start the car as well as shift out of park? My car doesn't roll backwards unless I put it in neutral or reverse.

This car is packed with features but the driver is still responsible for checking the settings when they drive the vehicle. That has always been the same for as long as I can remember. The driver's screen on this car shows you when the parking brake is set and when 1PD is enabled so if people would just look at that when they start their car then there shouldn't be any surprises. 🤔

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
As a 2PD driver.....I am a little confused with these sorts of posts. When using 1PD, don't you have to still put your foot on the brake pedal to start the car as well as shift out of park? My car doesn't roll backwards unless I put it in neutral or reverse.

This car is packed with features but the driver is still responsible for checking the settings when they drive the vehicle. That has always been the same for as long as I can remember. The driver's screen on this car shows you when the parking brake is set and when 1PD is enabled so if people would just look at that when they start their car then there shouldn't be any surprises. 🤔
Yes, you have to start it as indicated. Apparently, people who use 1PD shift to Drive and remove their foot from the brake pedal before they're ready to move the car.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Yes, you have to start it as indicated. Apparently, people who use 1PD shift to Drive and remove their foot from the brake pedal before they're ready to move the car.
Or maybe, they’re just used to the fact that the car WON’T move when they take their foot off the brake. Then when it does something completely opposite of what they’re used to - instantly moving, they’re taken by surprise. We all can’t be all-knowing and perfect all of the time.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Okay thanks. I guess I can see how people might be comfortable taking their foot off the brake when using 1PD. I kinda do that too when driving a manual transmission vehicle but I do it slowly to make sure the vehicle doesn't move unexpectedly.

If you are a 1PD driver then it would probably be wise to get into the habit of looking for that little foot on the driver's screen before removing your foot from the brake pedal. That should help avoid any unexpected operation of the vehicle. 👍

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag
I am a little luckier. The last two updates didn't kill my charging schedule but one wiped out my one pedal driving, the most recent update didn't see my profile, set it back to two padal mode, but a couple of off on cycles late it came back to normal.
Sponsored