Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Ford Mach E Star White
Occupation
EMT
Country flag
I'd say you are missing: Works almost all of the time, with the occasional delay or need to use back up code.

It has worked well for me, probably more than 90% of the time. Some 8% of the time I had to give it an extra 30 seconds or so to allow me to open the door. And there has been very few instances where I gave up and used the door pin and back up code (and at least one of those times I had failed to realize bluetooth on my phone had been turned off).

I'd pick your second option as the closest for me: "Works sometimes and I'm willing to mess around with it"; but I don't think that's being fair to what's been a mostly positive experience.
works all the time for me, but I do have to wait a moment before it's active. i turned off all the time on my phone to save battery
Sponsored

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
works all the time for me, but I do have to wait a moment before it's active. i turned off all the time on my phone to save battery
Works most of the time for me but it is an unacceptable battery killer. I always force stop it on my Samsung A52 unless I’m going to drive.

Can’t believe they have not yet fixed the battery drain issue @Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Exactly @JoeDimwit that is what should be expected to me also.

The data so far is interesting, many seem good with work around solutions which is great for them. For me noway I want my teenage daughter or wife not having 100% reliable performance at night running around

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e 4x, 1965 F-100, 1999 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Mine has always worked quite well, with an occasional glitch, which would fall under option 2. Since the latest FordPass update it has been flawless, so I went with option 1.

Reactions: JRT

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
phone as a key has never worked for me so i only use the key fob, even that I have to press the button to unlock when i approach the car.

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray Metallic Premium Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Transportation
Country flag
Prior to the Software update from Ford last month, mine was more towards One. Ever since the
update, my Android won't even attempt to connect. Took it back to Ford, suggested that their
mechanic attempt his ( iPhone ), and it worked. Has anyone had issue with Android PAAK since
the update?

First Name
Reiner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Match-E, 2013 Scion FR-S
Occupation
Manager, Software Engineering in Test
Country flag
Yep agreed with previous posts, my experience is closer to between 1 & 2, but deferred to 2, as worst case scenario would dictate

Reactions: RSH

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
PaaK worked great for me until yesterday. My phone was in my hand a few inches from the car and it was not recognized. I had to open the door with the app and use my backup code to start the car. I removed PaaK from my phone and re-enabled it. Now it is working fine again. First time in 1600 miles and a month of ownership it has failed.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
For all the “mine works great! I just open the app while I’m walking to the car.” people, that’s not an acceptable option (to me). I don’t need to take my fob out for it to work. That’s the experience Ford promised when they only gave us 1 fob. That’s the experience I want.
Yes. That’s actually more work than just carrying the fob.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
It worked once for me, then quit. A few days later it was removed from my profile and got an error notice in the Ford App. (someone else posted about this in a road trip thread).

I run a Google Pixel 5 and it is unsupported.

Revinval

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Extended Premium
Country flag
My 2018 android won't even start the setup. I get an error no network connection (or similar) The wife's pixel worked for a while then randomly dropped off one night last week.

We have a new toyota that only came with one FOB due to "chip shortage". One FOB works fine for my usage for now, not worth paying for another.

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Good feedback all. Clearly some are fine with it, I still think any effort above the supplied fob is unacceptable but if those that are good with the turn on and wait at car then that is fine by me

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Good feedback all. Clearly some are fine with it, I still think any effort above the supplied fob is unacceptable but if those that are good with the turn on and wait at car then that is fine by me
I rarely have a wait at the car for PAAK to be recognized. It's almost always (as in above 98% of the time) recognized immediately. When it's not, it's less than 5 seconds before it is recognized and unlocks, less time than it takes to unlock my iPhone. Only once has it failed to unlock completely and that was when I was in a meeting with FordPass running and within Bluetooth range of the car. Still not good though.

Obviously, it's not working for an unacceptably large number of people though.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
It's.... interesting... to imagine these cars on a used car lot in 6 or 9 years.... It comes with one fob and instructions to locate this forum for help with your PaaK.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
I've had my CA Route 1 for 3 weeks and about 1000 miles and mostly the PAAK works for my Pixel 5. About 10% of the time there is a delay that is 10-20 seconds. Less than 5% of the time, I need to enter my code / backup code to start the car and the PAAK still doesn't connect sitting in the car. My wife gets the fob. I am somewhat ok with the performance but it's not great to wait by the side of you car as traffic flies by or with your kid constantly pressing the button and you telling them to "wait...wait...wait...now." The battery drain is pretty noticeable as well.

The thing that is a little concerning is that Ford is aware of PAAK issues (I've sent emails) but there are still delays and battery drain. They need to get this right because there are going to be a lot of F150 Lightning owners in the future and there will be a lot more frustrated people.
Sponsored

Reactions: JRT