JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
111 responses, any more welling to vote?

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
116 so far, interesting some updates have happened and my phone is working for PAAK now, I've decided to leave on today and see if it kills my battery. My office is above the garage so I'm connected.

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
70% seem happy with 122 votes, I'm a bit surprised at these results.

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I voted that I sometime have to mess around with it but now I really understand how it works after a couple of months. The Bluetooth has to reconnect either by the phone sending the signal to the car or the car requesting it (via button push).
Sometimes there is a delay after door button push and sometimes it can’t connect to the phone until I open the app on the phone.
I have never had to use the code, nor has my wife (she is tech adverse but exclusively uses PAAK).
I guess I can’t believe the amount of attention a single feature on an otherwise incredible debut vehicle is getting. Tesla still has similar quirks with their PAAK as confirmed by a few Tesla owning friends. It’s just the nature of using Bluetooth as a connection method.
Also, if you have an iPhone with Apple Watch and Bluetooth headphones, PAAK doesn’t really work because there are connection limits on the device. Found that out yesterday. Can’t blame Ford for that.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Has never, ever worked. 5+ months. Countless hours lost trying to get it to work, time taken from work and vacation used. Broken promises by Ford time and time again. Simply won't connect, always gives me the same error when setting it up. Android and iOS. 100% frustrated and want to burn the car.

Reactions: JRT
OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Good responses, at the end, right or wrong, the marketing said no need for 2 fobs as the PAAK will be equivalent. Honestly Ford is a company with history and legacy, they can do better by giving 2 fobs and the entire conversion ends. Any feedback @Ford Motor Company

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray Metallic Premium Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Transportation
Country flag
Mine worked relatively well Until the UPDATE, at which point I had No PAAK, no back up code, just
had to hope that nothing happened to my lone fob. When I took it back to dealership after update
they checked everything and found nothing wrong. I had the same Android issue of no signal.
Suggested that mechanic try his phone ( iPhone ) and it worked without a hitch. Brought back a
2nd time with similar gymnastics by dealership and an hour on the phone to FordPass still no luck.
By this time I had updated FordPass app from 3.24 to 3.25, 3.26, and finally 3.27. Still nothing with
my Androids. Then a couple days later, it just decided to work. It now works relatively well again
except that it will never open the door. I have to unlock using the app. Not sure if I am just
impatient, but doesn't seem to do walk away lock when I am not at home. Again, I use the app.
One thing that I REALLY Missed was the ability to lower the windows before getting to the car.
Even that works consistently now. Just make sure that your Phone / App is connected to your MME
before you try to use PAAK. I have gotten into the habit of force / shutdown of the app when I leave
the car, then restart the app just prior to walking out to it at night. Still more cumbersome than
a fob in your pocket, but, I usually have my phone in my hand checking texts at that point
anyway.

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
90% of the time I have to take the phone out of my pocket and hold it up by the window to get the button push to unlock the car.

The battery drain on my phone is unacceptable.. The Android OS is always asking to put the FordPass app to sleep. Plus it tells me the app is constantly crashing.

The problem is now solved. I bought a very expensive second fob.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
90% of the time I have to take the phone out of my pocket and hold it up by the window to get the button push to unlock the car.

The battery drain on my phone is unacceptable.. The Android OS is always asking to put the FordPass app to sleep. Plus it tells me the app is constantly crashing.

The problem is now solved. I bought a very expensive second fob.
Hopefully Ford is getting the message loud and clear! They need to provide 2 fob’s for every car they sell! I had to put up a fight to get mine, but I was NOT going to pay extra for it!!!

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
I doubt @Ford Motor Company will change anything, survey results still give it acceptance by more the 70% so far. I will tell you my Dad, a massive long term Ford loyal customer will not accept buying the MME or electric F150 without a 2nd fob. He is mid 70s, and buys top of line new F150 every 12 to 18 months, he buys top mustang for mom and always has a top of line SUV. He can buy what ever he wants and the phone thing and lack of 2nd fobs is a none starter.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
it worked better for me before the 1.6 update. Now the only way to open the front door is to open the back door first. even that doesn't work 50% of the time I have to use the keypad to get in the car. I hope next update fixes this. very unreliable. I have a iPhone XR. worked better before the update.

Reactions: JRT
OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Great post @Jeffvisor that is just crazy and not acceptable. Any case of FOBs all of of suddenly only allowing you to open a REAR door first @Ford Motor Company ? Come on already, clearly nobody in Ford Marketing/Customer Relationships has a voice.

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
PAAK has worked for me with only one failure. However if I take both the fob and phone (iPhone 12) with me the seat and mirror setting go to a default #1 setting which my wife (5’2”) has claimed. My 6’2” body doesn’t like it. I need to press the #2 manually. i turn off Bluetooth and it works fine. I can reenable Bluetooth once I am seated and everything is fine. Weird.
Sponsored