Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I guess it's time somebody says this. There have been so many reports and complaints about PaaK that anybody who frequents this forum should have figured out months ago that it is notoriously unreliable. If someone chooses to count on it, and then complains that they got bit because it didn't work, they no longer get my sympathy.

How many threads do we need with someone posting yet another complaint? Anybody with a brain should get it by now. If it works great for you, fine, but be prepared that it might not work suddenly at some point. May I suggest that everyone message @Ford Motor Company directly with your experience, which might be more effective than posting yet another thread.

Please just use a fob as the world has done for the last 50 years and spare everybody - especially yourself - the misery. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but I'm weary of hitting "Ignore" every time I see a new thread about PaaK not working. :eek: Yes, Ford gets a big FAIL on this one. Great car, one major miscalculation, but easily dealt with by using a fob, and far from a deal breaker for me.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Someone should start a PaaK solutions thread that tracks each of the fields below in an embedded spreadsheet, kinda like the site Admin who was tracking orders. Every variation would be a different row, and each would say Paak works always/sometimes/rarely/never. If there is a trick with settings that makes particular phone work better, then its described in the notes column.
For people who are in dire need of getting their PaaK to work, then one option would be to buy a phone from the list and configure it in a way that others have indicated is working. It would be quite a lot of work to moderate such a thread and keep the information accurate, but I don't have the time for that right now.

Phone model; OS version; FordPass version; FS:21B36 (Y/N); OTAs installed; Config notes

OP
OP

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Someone should start a PaaK solutions thread that tracks each of the fields below in an embedded spreadsheet, kinda like the site Admin who was tracking orders. Every variation would be a different row, and each would say Paak works always/sometimes/rarely/never. If there is a trick with settings that makes particular phone work better, then its described in the notes column.
For people who are in dire need of getting their PaaK to work, then one option would be to buy a phone from the list and configure it in a way that others have indicated is working. It would be quite a lot of work to moderate such a thread and keep the information accurate, but I don't have the time for that right now.

Phone model; OS version; FordPass version; FS:21B36 (Y/N); OTAs installed; Config notes
That would certainly be helpful. Great idea!

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I guess it's time somebody says this. There have been so many reports and complaints about PaaK that anybody who frequents this forum should have figured out months ago that it is notoriously unreliable. If someone chooses to count on it, and then complains that they got bit because it didn't work, they no longer get my sympathy.

How many threads do we need with someone posting yet another complaint? Anybody with a brain should get it by now. If it works great for you, fine, but be prepared that it might not work suddenly at some point. May I suggest that everyone message @Ford Motor Company directly with your experience, which might be more effective than posting yet another thread.

Please just use a fob as the world has done for the last 50 years and spare everybody - especially yourself - the misery. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but I'm weary of hitting "Ignore" every time I see a new thread about PaaK not working. :eek: Yes, Ford gets a big FAIL on this one. Great car, one major miscalculation, but easily dealt with by using a fob, and far from a deal breaker for me.
Point of order, I am 51 years old, and I can tell you from personal experience that remote fobs have not been a thing for 50 years. Somewhere around 1990 (or right around 30ish years ago) is when they started becoming more common.

OP
OP

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Point of order, I am 51 years old, and I can tell you from personal experience that remote fobs have not been a thing for 50 years. Somewhere around 1990 (or right around 30ish years ago) is when they started becoming more common.
Well, OK. I honestly can't remember the first car I had with an electronic fob or combo fob/key, but yeah, it was probably after 1990.
Fob, key, whatever we've been carrying for the last 50 years. ?

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That would certainly be helpful. Great idea!

My solution to Paak is to ignore it, maybe after people report real progress here after an OTA update I will try to use it again. The worst feature of the Mach E is the software.
Sponsored