Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've searched around and have not seen anyone ask this question so hopefully its not a repeat.

Due to where I work I can't have my phone in the building, and I'm not leaving my phone at home. I have Phone as a Key setup on my iPhone, and so far it has worked flawlessly. I travel to work with my keys and fob on my person and phone in the car.

My question is how will the car handle this situation? My phone would be inside the car, my keyfob would travel with me outside of the car. Would the phone still activate the locks/power if someone walked up to the car? If so, is there any way you can shut off the PAAK function temporally? I "think" PAAK uses bluetooth, so I could setup some routine that kills my Bluetooth when I'm at work if that would disable it.

Thanks! Loving the car so far.. Don't know if it matters, but its the 88kwh extended RWD California Route 1 trim.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

OP
OP
Kabish

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
What is the point if having the phone on while it is locked in your car? Turn the phone off.
The main point is the human error factor. If I forgot to power down my phone one day, then I basically leave a key in my car. We are not perfect, and its incredibly possible to forget to power it off.

Turn off the phone or put it in airplane mode.
I feel stupid for not thinking about putting it in airplane mode... I'll setup a routine where it puts the phone into airplane mode once I get a mile or so from work.

Thanks for the suggestions

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The main point is the human error factor. If I forgot to power down my phone one day, then I basically leave a key in my car. We are not perfect, and its incredibly possible to forget to power it off.

I feel stupid for not thinking about putting it in airplane mode... I'll setup a routine where it puts the phone into airplane mode once I get a mile or so from work.

Thanks for the suggestions
Make sure that airplane mode turns bluetooth off. My Samsung phone has recently decided on its own to leave bluetooth on when put into airplane mode.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I've searched around and have not seen anyone ask this question so hopefully its not a repeat.

Due to where I work I can't have my phone in the building, and I'm not leaving my phone at home. I have Phone as a Key setup on my iPhone, and so far it has worked flawlessly. I travel to work with my keys and fob on my person and phone in the car.

My question is how will the car handle this situation? My phone would be inside the car, my keyfob would travel with me outside of the car. Would the phone still activate the locks/power if someone walked up to the car? If so, is there any way you can shut off the PAAK function temporally? I "think" PAAK uses bluetooth, so I could setup some routine that kills my Bluetooth when I'm at work if that would disable it.

Thanks! Loving the car so far.. Don't know if it matters, but its the 88kwh extended RWD California Route 1 trim.
Same question asked. Same answer:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/paak-toggle-please.6958/

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Airplane mode or disable Bluetooth. Both will disable PaaK until you turn the radios back on on the phone.
Sponsored