Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
I think you said you have an iPhone. I had the same problem as you (With my Android phone) and tried EVERYTHING. When I emailed my VIN to a person outside of my house (Who happened to have an iPhone) and asked him to add my VIN to his FordPass account, it magically worked on my side. When I went to "Authorize" him to be added to my account, PaaK option appeared.

It makes zero sense, but it's all working. Can you try that somehow?
Sponsored

OP
OP

gpete

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition RR
Country flag
I have an Android phone Note20 Ultra - about 6 months old.

OP
OP

gpete

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition RR
Country flag
Not yet. Really seems like this is a server-side issue. Something isn't configured properly. Perhaps the different request triggered something to move, but not really sure how a request coming from an iphone would make any difference. When it gets back above 0 I will try other things (including your option too). Didn't mean to sound ungrateful. :)

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not yet. Really seems like this is a server-side issue. Something isn't configured properly. Perhaps the different request triggered something to move, but not really sure how a request coming from an iphone would make any difference. When it gets back above 0 I will try other things (including your option too). Didn't mean to sound ungrateful. :)
No worries! Best of luck.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I just tried deleting the app and re installing - but I think since my wife also has the app it is messing things up - we both need to delete and me as the primary needs to reinstall and once it is set up, then she needs to reinstall - right?

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just tried deleting the app and re installing - but I think since my wife also has the app it is messing things up - we both need to delete and me as the primary needs to reinstall and once it is set up, then she needs to reinstall - right?
I did all that stuff. Deleted the vehicle on both of our Fordpass apps, but none of that worked until I get someone with an iPhone to add the VIN

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I did all that stuff. Deleted the vehicle on both of our Fordpass apps, but none of that worked until I get someone with an iPhone to add the VIN
This is becoming very frustrating! At least I got Connected Services to finally sync with my CC in the Wallet

pohdyb

First Name
C.W.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Occupation
Programmmer
Country flag
So, how could I have set up the app wrong? I created an account. Added the vehicle via VIN barcode on sticker, waited for the acitvation code on the car display. Got confirmation in the app. There are no prompts to follow to setup PAAK.

Uninstalling the app does not remove your login or the vehicle. When you reinstall the app and login, the vehicle will still be there because it is stored on the ford site.

Screenshot_20210215-180452_FordPass.jpg
I’m having this same result, both my wife and I are using iPhones, PAAK has never appeared as on option in the app and there hasn’t been any prompts about it

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ford should have redesigned the entire experience and make it stand-alone (Not part of SYNC4). So many limiting factors when you have to working inside of an existing shell, also they should have included a RFID key. The credit card like key is simple, you just put it behind your phone case and you are done. I have found that the PAAK is not 100% reliable and also requires the app to be running in the background. For the time being I will be carry the key around until it gets better. Nothing that others haven't said the same about already.

OP
OP

gpete

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition RR
Country flag
So, I found something of an anomaly. I haven't had time to try this out yet, but here's one thing that I noticed. When I went to owner.ford.com, I was not seeing the mach - e listed. I had a "add vehicle" icon. If I clicked on that it takes me to the user profile. This listed the mach-e. So, I believe the root cause of this is that the Ford system (overall) doesn't yet know that I am the owner. Of course, this is pretty much just speculation on my part. :)

Yesterday, I went to the owner.ford.com site and all of a sudden it was there. I was hoping that the PAAK setup option would be in my app this morning, but it wasn't. I will be removing the vehicle from the app and re-adding it when I have time away from work. Maybe this afternoon, maybe tomorrow. Will report back if this works.
Sponsored