jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hey everyone. I had PAAK working for several months now, but talking to a FordPass agent today on another totally unrelated issue, he advised me to delete the App. No need to say that it did not resolve my issue and now my PAAK is gone. I went to the list of PAAKs and deleted my previous key. Now I’m trying to set it up again, and on the last step where it’s shows a temporary Bluetooth code, I get a connectivity error.
See attached image.
Any ideas?

I’m currently on the latest FordPass version for iOS 3.21.0 and on an IPhone 11 Pro Max 14.5.1

thank you,

joao

9E8C4315-0469-43FC-B799-1022A9F6CBE7.png
Sponsored

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you open bluetooth setting on your iPhone see if Ford pass is listed if so I would touch the I and select "forget this device" then start the pairing process again on your phone

OP
OP
jcharnet

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
If you open bluetooth setting on your iPhone see if Ford pass is listed if so I would touch the I and select "forget this device" then start the pairing process again on your phone
I see 2 Bluetooth devices. One is called Mustache Mach E and the other was is the 5 last digits of my VIN Mach E. I can only delete the Mustang Mach E. The vin one does not allow me to delete it. It I Icon next to it is not showing.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I see 2 Bluetooth devices. One is called Mustache Mach E and the other was is the 5 last digits of my VIN Mach E. I can only delete the Mustang Mach E. The vin one does not allow me to delete it. It I Icon next to it is not showing.
The one with the 5 digits is the PAAK connection. The other is for typical phone/media stuff. The fact the PAAK connection is still shown would make it seem that your phone has a leftover PAAK artifact that is probably what is stopping it from pairing again. Unfortunately I don't know how to remove it. You could try uninstalling FordPass, restarting your phone and checking the Bluetooth list again? Maybe FordPass was keeping you from deleting it?

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
on the one you can't delete what happens when you click it does it try to connect?

OP
OP
jcharnet

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
on the one you can't delete what happens when you click it does it try to connect?
It keeps switching between connected, and then drops to “other devices”

OP
OP
jcharnet

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I figured it out. More than 2 hours with Ford support and they didn’t figure it out. After I hang up I kept trying and I ended up resetting all Phone As Key settings going to
Settings > general > reset > FordPass connect reset > phone as key reset

I had to configure PAAK again for all the phones I had previously but at least it all worked out. And now the vin Bluetooth device shows the I icon.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I figured it out. More than 2 hours with Ford support and they didn’t figure it out. After I hang up I kept trying and I ended up resetting all Phone As Key settings going to
Settings > general > reset > FordPass connect reset > phone as key reset

I had to configure PAAK again for all the phones I had previously but at least it all worked out. And now the vin Bluetooth device shows the I icon.
good to hear it got worked out.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I never got a second number with part of the VIN, or any other second Bluetooth device. Only the "Mach-E" under Bluetooth.

After over 3 months of PaaK never working, and trying everything. To include a full reset several times. I finally got sent to the local Ford dealership after countless hours of phone and chat support. Took it there yesterday at 930, they called me at 530 saying they got it to update, and that it was a known issue. I never received any update notification. I think the last two were March 31st and April 20th. I go this afternoon to try it. I am very excited, but also fully expect it to not work, dont want my hopes dashed again. It is one of the biggest reasons I bought the car, and its never worked.

OP
OP
jcharnet

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I never got a second number with part of the VIN, or any other second Bluetooth device. Only the "Mach-E" under Bluetooth.

After over 3 months of PaaK never working, and trying everything. To include a full reset several times. I finally got sent to the local Ford dealership after countless hours of phone and chat support. Took it there yesterday at 930, they called me at 530 saying they got it to update, and that it was a known issue. I never received any update notification. I think the last two were March 31st and April 20th. I go this afternoon to try it. I am very excited, but also fully expect it to not work, dont want my hopes dashed again. It is one of the biggest reasons I bought the car, and its never worked.
It does work. I have not used my fob once. It’s not always that instantaneous, but give it a few seconds and it will work. I hear some android phones have bigger issues.

Mach-E-Ato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E ER AWD First Edition
Country flag
Solved!

Had exactly the same problem: could not set up PaaK because bluetooth was not pairing with my phone. I was not getting any pairing request pop up notification on my phone.

The solution (thanks @jcharnet):
It turns out that this problem happened because I've successfully set up PaaK before with the same phone, but meanwhile had to uninstall FordPass, so I lost the PaaK setup. But my car still had my phone stored. All I had to do was to do a reset of FordPass on the car (Settings > general > reset > FordPass connect reset > phone as key reset) and start the Paak set up again.
Sponsored