Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Help me understand why you'd want to remove the badges.
The debadged look has been common in California for decades. We enjoy the clean lines of the car, but not the advertisements. Badges, to some of us, are just unnecessary clutter. Minimize to clarify...
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
The debadged look has been common in California for decades. We enjoy the clean lines of the car, but not the advertisements. Badges, to some of us, are just unnecessary clutter. Minimize to clarify...
I've lived in California since 1965 and never noticed. Must be an in-the-know kind of thing.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Country flag
I've lived in California since 1965 and never noticed. Must be an in-the-know kind of thing.
Go to enough car shows, and you'll observe the trend (I enter my cars in a lot of shows).

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Go to enough car shows, and you'll observe the trend (I enter my cars in a lot of shows).
Ah, that explains it. I've never been to a car show. Just not my kind of thing. Cars are not my passion. But, if you want to talk pixel Christmas lighting then I'm in!

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Knocked it out myself. Was super easy and glue practically rolled right off.
Not so easy for me. The floss worked well enough, but my glue was far more tenacious - took a fair amount of Goo-Gone, blow-drying, peeling, and patience.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Country flag
Not so easy for me. The floss worked well enough, but my glue was far more tenacious - took a fair amount of Goo-Gone, blow-drying, peeling, and patience.
Next time, try leaving the Goo Gone on for 15 minutes before trying to remove the adhesive...then try rolling it off.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
But, if you want to talk pixel Christmas lighting then I'm in!
Wonder how many people Googled "pixel Christmas lighting" ...

As for the debadging. I found it very easy with a NFC badge (credit card) first to remove the badge. Then I just used my finger to remove most of the tape that was stuck and finished it with a little bit of goo-gone. It took maybe 10 minutes each side.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
As for the debadging. I found it very easy with a NFC badge (credit card) first to remove the badge. Then I just used my finger to remove most of the tape that was stuck and finished it with a little bit of goo-gone. It took maybe 10 minutes each side.
Took me an hour total using GooGone, floss, hair dryer, thumb (1 blister), and more GooGone on a paper towel.

Good to be rid of the side badges, though - looks neater, they'd probably break eventually, and no remaining trace of the dumb "Mach-e" name.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Took me an hour total using GooGone, floss, hair dryer, thumb (1 blister), and more GooGone on a paper towel.

Good to be rid of the side badges, though - looks neater, they'd probably break eventually, and no remaining trace of the dumb "Mach-e" name.
I tried the floss method first because I saw people on here recommending it. I remembered someone saying they used a credit card which they found easier. It took me about 10 seconds of flossing before I pulled out a NFC key badge and it went lickity-split after that.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Swing on up to Northern NY. I’ll knock it out for you. Be warned though, high tomorrow is supposed to be 51°.