djjerv91

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have had the Mach-E for roughly 1.5 months and I have noticed something that happens almost everytime I do this. When I press the red end call button on screen when I'm don't talking on the phone, the call ends on my physical phone but the car remains silent and the time of the call continues with no one on the other line. The car waits in this silence for about 20 seconds and then my phone gets disconnected from Bluetooth and the car asks if I'd like to connect my phone. Definitely seems like an unaddressed bug in the system since it happens so consistently. Is anyone else having this happen?

Thanks
Sponsored

EasyPass

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4X, 2017 Fusion Energi PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have had the Mach-E for roughly 1.5 months and I have noticed something that happens almost everytime I do this. When I press the red end call button on screen when I'm don't talking on the phone, the call ends on my physical phone but the car remains silent and the time of the call continues with no one on the other line. The car waits in this silence for about 20 seconds and then my phone gets disconnected from Bluetooth and the car asks if I'd like to connect my phone. Definitely seems like an unaddressed bug in the system since it happens so consistently. Is anyone else having this happen?

Thanks
There appears to definitely be a bug in phone call handling in the car interface. I recall this condition to the point where ALL audio output was inhibited (USB Music, Android Auto App music, etc.) While those audio functions appeared to be operational with time and progress bars in a progressing state, no sounds were being output. I believe I had to power off (or possibly could have rebooted the Infotainment module) to clear this state.
#BugNotAFeature

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Thanks
I have not experienced this issue at all. I am a heavy hands-free phone call user while driving around during the day and the system appears to function very well for me. I have had a couple of occasions where I accept an incoming call and the "private" button is selected so I can't talk through the speakers. I have a habit of looking at the screen to make sure it isn't selected and if so, then I turn it off and complete my conversation. This new issue just started happening a few weeks ago....
????
?

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag

Thanks
just to clarify, you're not using Apple or Android CarPlay to make calls, correct?

OP
OP
djjerv91

djjerv91

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER Infinite Blue
Country flag
just to clarify, you're not using Apple or Android CarPlay to make calls, correct?
Yeah this is with android auto not connected

EasyPass

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4X, 2017 Fusion Energi PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In my case I have been using Android Auto to manage incoming/outgoing calls.
Sponsored