Picking up my car soon, anything to check for?

OP
OP
mu5e

mu5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
It is concerning you have not received the dealer's "out the door" price until now. Some dealers will tack on various things you didn't agree to pay for, including as you mentioned, an extended warranty.

The problem is you never had an agreement directly with the dealer if you only used the Ford web site to do the ordering process. The dealer has processing fees, taxes, titling fees, fabric protection, rust protection, etc. that is in addition to the price on the Ford web site. If you got the out of the door price from the dealer in writing, you are good to go. If you didn't, be prepared for extra crap and stress.
I thought MME is like Tesla, where you order online and that is the price :) . But now, reading the fingerprints in my order:

Dealer Selling Price: Price the dealer is willing to sell the vehicle for in a purchase transaction and corresponds to the estimated dealer selling price for the vehicle displayed in the Pricing Summary. Excludes available incentives (including AXZ-Plans Pricing for qualified customers), governmental taxes and fees, title or registration fees. All current available incentives (including AXZ-Plans Pricing), taxes and fees will be applied at purchase. See dealer for details, residency restrictions may apply.

I don't see processing fees and other crap.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I thought MME is like Tesla, where you order online and that is the price :) . But now, reading the fingerprints in my order:

Dealer Selling Price: Price the dealer is willing to sell the vehicle for in a purchase transaction and corresponds to the estimated dealer selling price for the vehicle displayed in the Pricing Summary. Excludes available incentives (including AXZ-Plans Pricing for qualified customers), governmental taxes and fees, title or registration fees. All current available incentives (including AXZ-Plans Pricing), taxes and fees will be applied at purchase. See dealer for details, residency restrictions may apply.

I don't see processing fees and other crap.
It's not like buying a Tesla at all. Ford uses a dealer sales process. Ford does not sell directly to you. Ford sells to a dealer. The dealer sells to you. If you don't have the "out the door" price from the dealer, you don't have a deal.

Maybe your dealer will not add anything not itemized by Ford (like an extended warranty or fabric protection), but they can and some will. They could even add ADM. You have to negotiate directly with your dealer. That is how the dealer sales model works.

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
Thanks, Granger a bit cheaper.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Picking up my car soon, anything to check for? Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 10.36.17 AM
No problem. This is much cheaper than a dealer would offer to the uninformed. Iā€™ve found them to be straightforward when they know I have this pricing at hand.

OP
OP
mu5e

mu5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I donā€™t suppose thereā€˜s any possibility it will arrive tomorrow? If so, it could save you $7500.
Ok, thanks everyone for advices.
I went to dealership and basically finalized the deal and got license plate and all that.
Car should be ready next week. Little bit sketchy, but 7K is 7K.

They only added $200 doc fee on top of the internet price and at some point towards the end tried to sneak in warranty for 4999.

johnny_golf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat, 2022 Mach-E CR1
Occupation
Software Developer (retired)
Country flag
Make sure your BlueCruise hands-free is activated and actually works before you leave the dealership. I took delivery of my 22 CR1 2 weeks ago, and it still isn't working, although I received a message in Fordpass indicating that it was activated and ready to use.

OP
OP
mu5e

mu5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Make sure your BlueCruise hands-free is activated and actually works before you leave the dealership. I took delivery of my 22 CR1 2 weeks ago, and it still isn't working, although I received a message in Fordpass indicating that it was activated and ready to use.
Thanks, how do you check? Is it in setting or you have to drive to a highway to check

johnny_golf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat, 2022 Mach-E CR1
Occupation
Software Developer (retired)
Country flag
Thanks, how do you check? Is it in setting or you have to drive to a highway to check
Here's a link to a video that shows how to set it up in vehicle settings.

But I would suggest that you actually drive it on a BlueCruise approved highway to check it.

I have all of the settings correct, it just doesn't work.
Sponsored