First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Itā€™s better to be resourceful than to be a victim
Resourceful Yes but it always takes time. Not everyone has the time or wants to spend the time to resolve the issues with PaaK, Wireless CarPlay, and BT.
We've owned the car since May 2022 and only in the first few weeks did it work as expected. The car otherwise works and we are happy with it. If we use it like a "Normal" car with a key fob and use USB we have no problems.
We paid the same amount for the Mach E as we paid for a Ford Expedition in 2019 a normal car and I would like the cool features to work as advertised. Sometimes tech isn't ready for primetime and Ford needs to continue to fix the issues and make the car better.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
I had issues with my Mach E, my phone not wireless charging properly, issues with unlocking the car via the door button, I forgot, few others, the dealer won't fix anything unless they can replicate it, It took me 3 hours to get a rental, dropped a $74k car to get a cheap rental, I reported screen issues, but they couldn't replicate, became worst after I took the car out, didn't bother going back in, not dropping a Mach E again and wait 3 hours to get a Toyota gas guzzler! ended selling the car.

Was planning to pick upcoming Mach E, but decided to walk away, should arrive next week.

Ford is Ford, my experience with warranty jobs from them been lacking at best, we also have a Fusion in the house, had better experience with my Prius, if you expect any magic care from Ford then will be disappointed, Lexus is one of the kings, they understand business better, they always have loaners, quality service most of the times.

I went in with the spirit of we will fix issues together, walked out deciding that I am not taking my Mach E back to service unless it's a brick, you probably will be disappointed like me and not go back to fix issues.

All your software issues mentioned, can probably be fixed or mitigated via pending modules updates but guess what, dealer won't peform that for free and @Ford Motor Company won't push those regularly so 3 years later, you will have a nice car with tens of outdated modules.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
The VIN shows the tech it canā€™t be programmed for ā€œmirrors aim down in reverseā€
That's completely true. It can be an applied "hack" using third-party tools but isn't something Ford supports.

Sorry about your other stuff... sounds like your dealer is trying to get their sea legs, or something is being left out of the story, because something doesn't add up here.