Plug and Charge STILL not working - Help?

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
This is getting frustrating. I have a 2022 GTPE that my husband and I bought in April of 2022. In January of 2023, we had to take the car in because there was something going on, and the car wouldn't get any OTA updates. We did that.....and they fixed the update issue, but in the process, had to do a master reset of the car. Since then, Plug and Charge doesn't work. If we try to activate it in FordPass, it says an error has occurred, and to try again later. We opened a case with Ford, and have been bounced around to several different departments.....and currently, are sitting in 'marketing' with no resolution to our ticket. I start a chat every couple of weeks, and am told they are still looking into it...and give me a followup appointment date - but no one EVER follows up. We have no access to our charging credits....and fast charging is a little more cumbersome because Plug and Charge doesn't work. The last 'thought' was that when the car was master reset, I'm the one that picked it up, so they reactivated the car using my FordPass instead of my husbands.....Would doing another master reset, and reactivating it in his account work? What issues would that cause?

Anyone else have this same problem and a fix? @Ford Motor Company Can you escalate - case number: CAS-41590984-P5C0G8 ? It's been 4 months with no fix!
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
This is getting frustrating. I have a 2022 GTPE that my husband and I bought in April of 2022. In January of 2023, we had to take the car in because there was something going on, and the car wouldn't get any OTA updates. We did that.....and they fixed the update issue, but in the process, had to do a master reset of the car. Since then, Plug and Charge doesn't work. If we try to activate it in FordPass, it says an error has occurred, and to try again later. We opened a case with Ford, and have been bounced around to several different departments.....and currently, are sitting in 'marketing' with no resolution to our ticket. I start a chat every couple of weeks, and am told they are still looking into it...and give me a followup appointment date - but no one EVER follows up. We have no access to our charging credits....and fast charging is a little more cumbersome because Plug and Charge doesn't work. The last 'thought' was that when the car was master reset, I'm the one that picked it up, so they reactivated the car using my FordPass instead of my husbands.....Would doing another master reset, and reactivating it in his account work? What issues would that cause?

Anyone else have this same problem and a fix? @Ford Motor Company Can you escalate - case number: CAS-41590984-P5C0G8 ? It's been 4 months with no fix!
You can access your free kWh at ElectrifyAmerica by activating the dispenser via FordPass.

After your free credit is used up youā€™ll probably want to disable P&C anyways. EA will charge you at the more expensive guest rate if you continue to use P&C. Youā€™re better off getting an EA membership at that point.

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
You can access your free kWh at ElectrifyAmerica by activating the dispenser via FordPass.

After your free credit is used up youā€™ll probably want to disable P&C anyways. EA will charge you at the more expensive guest rate if you continue to use P&C. Youā€™re better off getting an EA membership at that point.
That's part of the problem.....Our credits don't show up in our account anymore according to the Ford marketing person. We probably had only used half.....He said they were probably wiped when the dealer did the Master reset :-(. Seems like it would be easy enough to just give them back....but I guess not.

I can't enable or disable Plug and charge right now......The button - although active - gives an error when toggled.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That's part of the problem.....Our credits don't show up in our account anymore according to the Ford marketing person. We probably had only used half.....He said they were probably wiped when the dealer did the Master reset :-(. Seems like it would be easy enough to just give them back....but I guess not.
Donā€˜t rely on the marketing person. You can view your kWh balance by logging into your Ford account online. Does it show zero there?

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Donā€˜t rely on the marketing person. You can view your kWh balance by logging into your Ford account online. Does it show zero there?
I don't see it online in either my account, or my husbands.....Is there a special place to look?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't see it online in either my account, or my husbands.....Is there a special place to look?
It's under Connected Services. Looks like this. If you click on Manage, you can also view the history. I assume that will show you what was used when, but I don't have any history since I haven't used any.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plug and Charge STILL not working - Help? 1685295595086

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
It's under Connected Services. Looks like this. If you click on Manage, you can also view the history. I assume that will show you what was used when, but I don't have any history since I haven't used any.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plug and Charge STILL not working - Help? 1685295595086
Don't have that.....There is nothing about our balance....Just the expiration date - which is 3years after we bought the car. I scroll further down....I can see the credit card I have on file, and an option to 'cancel
l'
Ford Mustang Mach-E Plug and Charge STILL not working - Help? Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 11.43.43 AM

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don't have that.....There is nothing about our balance....Just the expiration date - which is 3years after we bought the car. I scroll further down....I can see the credit card I have on file, and an option to 'cancel
A master reset in the car definitely doesn't clear them, so something else is going on.

Are you sure they weren't all used? How many did you have left?

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
A master reset in the car definitely doesn't clear them, so something else is going on.

Are you sure they weren't all used? How many did you have left?
The thought from the "Ford experts" on the last call, was that because the car was reactivated in my FordPass account after the master reset - (rather than my husbands - which we initially used,) so now.....it is showing up for them as a 'new owner' - effective January, 23rd, 2023 - and of course the credits don't transfer.....Although, their records also still show that my hubby is the registered owner, and the car shows up in his Ford account as well. They can't explain why.....and " IT " has the issue in their cue for over 3 months.

We had about half of them left.....I don't remember the exact number as I didn't keep a separate log of them.....just relied on the updates via Ford to tell me my remaining balance. We mainly charge at home.

It's really not that much kW money - I just liked the convenience of plug and charge when I went to the local EA station.

Plus.....When you spend over $72,000 for a car - things ought to work, and when they don't, it shouldn't take 3 months to fix what seems to me to be a simple problem. Can't they just reactive on their end? And give us our credits back? How hard can it be - LOL

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
125 KW of charging is worth about $50. Plug and charge ends up costing more in the long run. I would ask myself, is the headache of trying to get plug n charge working worth the $50 Iā€™d be saving initially (and then the higher cost after that)? I can say that for me, the answer is no.

Richard L.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
l'
Ford Mustang Mach-E Plug and Charge STILL not working - Help? Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 11.43.43 AM
Try this. Delete your payment method and set up again.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hi there, Carrie. This plug and charge concern doesnā€™t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
125 KW of charging is worth about $50. Plug and charge ends up costing more in the long run. I would ask myself, is the headache of trying to get plug n charge working worth the $50 Iā€™d be saving initially (and then the higher cost after that)? I can say that for me, the answer is no.

Yeah...I know where you are coming from....but, $50 os $50.

It's a matter of principal now!

Also......I may be wrong, but when the Tesla network opens up to us 22 peeps.......I think Plug and charge will be optimal? I could be wrong though....

Won't be the first time...
Sponsored