Polestar or MME?

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Need the advice of our Forum.

I have to choose this week between the Polestar or a Mach E, but only the RWD SR.
Just driven the Polestar. Impressive. More than 400 HP, AWD and lots of torque.
Nice interior too.
Also like the MME and about will cost me about 150 euro per month less.
Any recommendations or suggestions?

What would you do and why?
Sponsored

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Need the advice of our Forum.

I have to choose this week between the Polestar or a Mach E, but only the RWD SR.
Just driven the Polestar. Impressive. More than 400 HP, AWD and lots of torque.
Nice interior too.
Also like the MME and about will cost me about 150 euro per month less.
Any recommendations or suggestions?

What would you do and why?
If you need to choose this week, well you won’t have the option to get the MME now anyway, probably won’t be for awhile on the SR. Polestar looks good, I’d say in a higher class category than the SR Mach E, better specs, of course higher price. If you can get it now, why wait?

OP
OP

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have already ordered the MME, SR RWD carbonized gray with TPplus package and should be delivered per end of Febr as I am in the first NL batch. The Polestar is also now available with in my companies lease policy and it is possible to cancel my MME order and go for the Polestar.

OP
OP

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Polestar will be delivered per Febr if I order this week. As they are already in full production I think this is more certain than the MME

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For me the answer is which car brings more emotions? For me buying a car has always been emotional, getting in a dealer's showroom look at a car and say this is the one I want. Of course right now you might not had the chance to take a look at an MME but what's the rush if both won't be delivered before february anyway, can't you keep your MME order and your Polestar order until then and then choose between the two?

InComrad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volkswagen e-Golf
Country flag
I really liked the design of the Polestar, but I was even more impressed when I saw the Mustang in real person. I sat in both and the Ford feels much more spaciousness. It's like a sedan inside the Polestar, while the Mustang feels like an suv.

I weren't very impressed by the vegan seatingmaterial of the Polestar. The rest of the Polestar however is more luxurious, just like other cars from Ford and Volvo. The infotainment of both have pro's and con's. I think there is not really a best option yet (there are no reviews of the MME yet), they both are nice new EV's you will enjoy!

OP
OP

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. No I can not continue with both until I can see the MME in person. The lease company does not allow that.
Indeed the Polestar is not very spacious. About 10 cm smaller and 12 less in height than MME. Trunk als smaller.
Glad with your remark on SUV versus sedan/hatchback and you sat in both.
The size of the Polestar makes me uncertain but I cannot compare in person with MME.

Polestar felt good emotionally

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks. No I can not continue with both until I can see the MME in person. The lease company does not allow that.
Indeed the Polestar is not very spacious. About 10 cm smaller and 12 less in height than MME. Trunk als smaller.
Glad with your remark on SUV versus sedan/hatchback and you sat in both.
The size of the Polestar makes me uncertain but I cannot compare in person with MME.

Polestar felt good emotionally
You mean that you cannot cancel at the last minute your order of the MME if you don't like it , even if you have not tried it yet?

OP
OP

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes indeed, once ordered by lease company I cannot cancel last minute even if I have not seen the MME in person. That is one of the advantages of Polestar WYSIWYG

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If cost isn't the issue between the RWD SR MME and the AWD Polestar 2?
- Get the Polestar 2.

Polestar 2 has better wheels/tires, superior performance and is more appropriately sized for European roads. Also, AWD is just nice to have.

If you instead got a ER Mach-E then I think it would be easier to argue for the Mustang since we'd be talking 610km of range for Ford vs. 500km for the Polestar 2.

OP
OP

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If cost isn't the issue between the RWD SR MME and the AWD Polestar 2?
- Get the Polestar 2.

Polestar 2 has better wheels/tires, superior performance and is more appropriately sized for European roads. Also, AWD is just nice to have.

If you instead got a ER Mach-E then I think it would be easier to argue for the Mustang since we'd be talking 610km of range for Ford vs. 500km for the Polestar 2.
I must either continue with my current order so a RWD SR MME or cancel the order and decide for the Polestar.
Cancel the SR and order the ER is theoretically possible but than the car will not be delivered in Feb and I will be placed back in the que as this will count for a new order. I also loose the 3 k discount.
I am prepared to pay the higher price for the Polestar. Price only will not be the determining criterium for me.

InComrad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volkswagen e-Golf
Country flag
Note that the P2 has 470km and MME SR RWD ~450km range, so almost the same. The AWD and extra performance aren't really necessary in the Netherlands. However it can be nice at the trafficlights ;)

I felt that difference in heigth and length
especially in the backseats. Also because of the positioning of the P2 battery's, they had to create a high 'middentunnel'. In the front the higher seating position and roof gave that spacesiousness feeling. And because the whole console is at armrest heigth in the P2, it was more like a capsule instead of the open space in the MME.

On YouTube there are enough (p)reviews of both cars that give a pretty good idea of these differences.

Last but not least: the tax ('bijtelling') next year for the P2 is quite a lot more. That can be a dealbreaker, but if you really don't mind, have enough space and have good feelings with the Polestar 2: go for it!

OP
OP

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. The bijtelling for P2 indeed is about 150 euro higher per month but still less than my current car.
I am impresswd by the charching curve of the Polestar compare to its competitors that is also in this forum.
We do not know how the MME fits in, but we know Polestar has done a good job here.
Indeed the P2 feels a little like a cocoon but my current car ( BMW 520D 2017) has a simular driver oriented position but the cocoon is much larger.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have the 2020 xc60 T8 Polestar Edition. Great car.. but I'm getting a MME FE and next year GT. I'm not convinced about the Polestar range and dealer service support is nil still and it just doesn't have the excitment of this MME. Still, it will be a nice car in the vein of the recent Volvo's. And Google interface is nice.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
My preference would is the MME, but that is more subjective than objective... reasons include better price and not any features I would want to pay more for (maybe dual motor), prefer the style of MME and grabber blue or red instead of the options for the polestar.

I am sure you will be happy with whichever you pick (or second guessing whichever you pick, lol), they both look like they will be great vehicles.
Sponsored