Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
After an emotional response to getting news of delays with delivery (with some of us in our ETA delivery period), I am trying to reflect on some of the positives that will come out of the situation instead of guessing as to what the problem is. Here is my list, and I encourage others to find their own "silver lining" as well instead of contributing to the storm of the unknown.
1) 2 months less of road salt/sand and winter yuk on my new MME.
2) 2 more months of monthly payment saved and added to down-payment so paying less in interest.
3) Ford found an issue now and are taking care of it and not denying an issue or making us take it in (to an under-experienced mechanic at a dealer) and giving us a 2018 C-Max as a loaner.
4) I have more time to clean my garage before Shadow takes up permanent residence where she belongs.

Honestly, we are all in the same boat and I'd love to keep a positive/supportive vibe to this forum. Am I salty that I expected to take delivery by the 19th, YES. Will I get over it, yes. Should I be pissed at Ford, NO. They are doing their job of building and delivering what is expected to be a quality BEV. I am hopeful the 2 month delay is an over estimate and that we could get them sooner. Only time will tell.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
After an emotional response to getting news of delays with delivery (with some of us in our ETA delivery period), I am trying to reflect on some of the positives that will come out of the situation instead of guessing as to what the problem is. Here is my list, and I encourage others to find their own "silver lining" as well instead of contributing to the storm of the unknown.
2) 2 more months of monthly payment saved and added to down-payment so paying less in interest.
3) Ford found an issue now and are taking care of it and not denying an issue or making us take it in (to an under-experienced mechanic at a dealer) and giving us a 2018 C-Max as a loaner.
4) I have more time to clean my garage before Shadow takes up permanent residence where she belongs.

Honestly, we are all in the same boat and I'd love to keep a positive/supportive vibe to this forum. Am I salty that I expected to take delivery by the 19th, YES. Will I get over it, yes. Should I be pissed at Ford, NO. They are doing their job of building and delivering what is expected to be a quality BEV. I am hopeful the 2 month delay is an over estimate and that we could get them sooner. Only time will tell.
Agree completely. Ford is being careful to deliver us a quality product. That should make us all happy.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’ve said this a few times and am happy to repeat myself - I don’t mind waiting a bit longer if it means Ford can iron out more kinks where they have access to proper tooling, production engineers, and other resources who actually KNOW the vehicle, rather than waiting until the vehicle hits the dealership, where the service department will likely be seeing it for the first time. I don’t NEED the car immediately.
But I should schedule my state inspection, I guess ?

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag

I totally agree. I have this thing where I never buy the "first" new version of anything. I want the company to work out all the bugs so I wait for the second version. I broke my own rule to buy this MachE because I just could not help myself. I had to have it! It hits all my buttons. I have wanted an electric car for a while but none of them did it for me like this beauty. So if Ford wants to iron out all the kinks before I get it I am happy to let them do that!
I also have a vehicle with a lease that runs to June, so I had a "problem" of what I was going to do if my MachE showed up before the lease ended. Now it looks like that might not be as much of a problem after all! ;):)
Don't get me wrong, I really really want my MachE! But I will wait if I have to.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Its disappointing but such things happen in every business and not much under our control. Glad Ford is trying to get these fixes in than just shipping us MMEs and later on initiate recalls or fixes at dealers.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Emotional me wants it now. But logical me is fine with a delay. I'm still teleworking 100% and driving very little at all. I was already dreading a car payment for a car that is barely being used. It would be nice to have it for some road trips now, but living in Colorado, that means lots snow or road salt right now. I was hoping to do some cold weather testing and then compare it to the same routes this summer, but we'll have to see how much of a delay this really turns out to be.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
this delay is just more chance for the little investment fund I put a part of my down payment money into to grow a little more ??

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Paraphrasing Billy Joel:

Get it right the first time
That's the main thing

You get it right the next time
That's not the same thing

I assume Ford is trying to get it right the first time.

Do wonder what will happen to those few that have already taken delivery?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Do wonder what will happen to those few that have already taken delivery?
I absolutely wonder this myself from a curiosity point of view. if there is a "launch failure" here, it would be because (3?) customers already got cars.

but for me speaking self-centeredly (is that a word?), that's just morbid curiosity, and I don't actually really care. ?

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

Plus now we would qualify for the GIGANTIC tax break that Biden is giving electric cars! (NOT)

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Is there a "speculation" thread providing unfounded guesses? My guess is based on the observation that I have never seen any NHTSA crash data yet on the Mach E and nothing is on my window sticker. Anyone? Maybe someone at Ford just noticed that they had EPA ratings, but no crash ratings, and said "Hold your Horses!"
Sponsored