Positives from the delay?

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
When the second delay pushes deliveries back to summer the buyers in NJ get to take advantage of the rebate again.

Wait, this isn't the humorous reasons thread?
And maybe the Canadians on whom they killed the $8K rebate too, perhaps
Sponsored

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ya, when the Mach-E was in VA a couple of months ago I had about 15 min alone with the car. It felt nice. I wish it sat higher up, similar to a real crossover. The Tesla salesman called me right after I made an appointment. It was very refreshing to have a dealer call me back in a timely manner.
Isn't that always the case when the dealer has a car in stock to sell you? If he has no car to sell, what's the point of a call?

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Isn't that always the case when the dealer has a car in stock to sell you? If he has no car to sell, what's the point of a call?
You think they just happen to have a Model Y in stock ready to sell me? No. It was a courtesy call just to see what my plans were and what I was looking for. I told him about the Mach E and he wasn’t dismissive at all. Just pleasant and responsive. Something I’ve wanted from my dealer for over a year.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Hi..... It could be possible that our incoming DC administration may "sweeten up" the incentives for buying an EV. Result - those who purchase later get some additional savings. All depends when and if such an incentive "kicks in".
If they simply sweeten up the deal that is right now it wouldn't matter as its a tax credit and you don't get it until next year. Thus everyone that picked up the car this year would get it.

Reactions: ARK

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
The question would be if they extend the deal to those like Tesla that are no longer included. I don't think that will happen, but it would affect pricing, at least until Tesla raises theirs to compensate for the credit ;)

If they simply sweeten up the deal that is right now it wouldn't matter as its a tax credit and you don't get it until next year. Thus everyone that picked up the car this year would get it.

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You think they just happen to have a Model Y in stock ready to sell me? No. It was a courtesy call just to see what my plans were and what I was looking for. I told him about the Mach E and he wasn’t dismissive at all. Just pleasant and responsive. Something I’ve wanted from my dealer for over a year.
Yes, I do think so. ev-cpo.com is showing 21 new Model Y in the US publicly shown by Tesla. Like this one.
https://www.tesla.com/new/5YJY222_7...876c9?redirect=no&referral=sarahelizabeth3205

Tesla's internal system shows a lot more cars in inventory than it shows on its site. Don't know why they hide their inventory. Perhaps to create a scarcity pressure so you will pay more for the 'scarce' item. :(

Last edited:

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Positives: I get more time to figure out how much $$ to put down, more time to see if the EV Tax credit gets enhanced, more time before payments start, more time before I add to my insurance premium. Lot of goodness on the money side! I also will get more sympathy and rolling eyes looks from everyone I have been updating daily on the progress of my MME. My wife showed several seconds of sympathy and then immediately changed the subject, providing a great opportunity to talk about something else!

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
NO the intent was not to place speculation here but rather to make lemonade from lemons
NO the delay has nothing to do with the NHTSA crash test data
NO Ford didn't "forget" to do some critical paperwork

As for lemonade: absolutely I prefer Ford did it right the first time, which is why the delay. I fully expect to have more issues crop up even after I get my car because this is the initial release of a brand new ground-up design, but having this one not be my problem is OK by me.
Another great positive - someone did start a hilarious speculation thread! ?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It would be nice to have it for some road trips now, but living in Colorado, that means lots snow or road salt right now.
Don't think they use salt much anymore, but that mag chloride really gunks up the windows.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Don't think they use salt much anymore, but that mag chloride really gunks up the windows.
Yeah, I actually know too much about mag chloride from when I used to be on City Council. We had an entire study session on the de-icing procedures and materials (almost as exciting as the one we had on sight triangles). I just figured most people still call it road salt. I know the constituents that called in always complained about too much road salt or too little road salt or road salt in the wrong place, etc.

OP
OP
Tsand4

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Yeah, I actually know too much about mag chloride from when I used to be on City Council. We had an entire study session on the de-icing procedures and materials (almost as exciting as the one we had on sight triangles). I just figured most people still call it road salt. I know the constituents that called in always complained about too much road salt or too little road salt or road salt in the wrong place, etc.
Some places in Michigan are using sugar beet juice!?
Sponsored