horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
My cyber orange MME GTPE is due for delivery next month. I plan to have traditional black racing stripes applied down the middle of the vehicle. I also want to have the car entirely wrapped in PPF. How does it work when you combine PPF and stripes? Is the PPF applied over the stripes, or vice versa? Has anyone tried this, and if so, how did it go?
Sponsored

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
I don't have center stripes (just side ones) but do have PPF and ceramic coating. In my research (and backed up by my PPF installer), it would be PPF first (installer should ensure surface is properly cleaned and prepared), then stripes (if needed to be repaired or removed, then the PPF is not disturbed) and finally your protective coating of choice (wax, ceramic). I went with ceramic and have been very pleased so far. Good luck!!

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
My cyber orange MME GTPE is due for delivery next month. I plan to have traditional black racing stripes applied down the middle of the vehicle. I also want to have the car entirely wrapped in PPF. How does it work when you combine PPF and stripes? Is the PPF applied over the stripes, or vice versa? Has anyone tried this, and if so, how did it go?
On my GTPE, they applied the PPF first, then applied the stripes on top of the PPF. I had them put a coat of ceramic over everything. NOTE: I only wrapped the front, the front fenders, hood, mirror caps and bottom rocker panels. I removed the side badging myself, before bringing the car in for PPF.
Ford Mustang Mach-E PPF with Racing Stripes? MacheEoverhead34

Ford Mustang Mach-E PPF with Racing Stripes? MacheEceramiccoat

Last edited:
OP
OP
horsiedad

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
On my GTPE, they applied the PPF first, then applied the stripes on top of the PPF. I had them put a coat of ceramic over everything. NOTE: I only wrapped the front fenders, hood, mirror caps and bottom rocker panels. I removed the side badging myself, before bringing the car in for PPF.
Nice look! Could you please post some more pictures from the front and back?

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Nice look! Could you please post some more pictures from the front and back?
Note that the first shots were from a professional camera, the ones below are from an iPhone (imperfect color-balance).
Ford Mustang Mach-E PPF with Racing Stripes? MachEfront
Ford Mustang Mach-E PPF with Racing Stripes? MachEtail

Last edited: