swnath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach Premium ER AWD, 2023 Audi A6
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am trying to precondition the battery and warm the cabin on cold mornings. I have a 2023 Premium ER AWD and a 40 amp JuiceBox. I set the departure time and cabin temperature. It seems every time I attach the cable to the port the JuiceBox takes over and starts to charge and I know the heater is not turned on. I have set the JuiceBox starting times to remote times not to conflict. If I do that then it doesn't charge but I know it doesn't warm the car and I sense it is doing nothing for the battery. What am I doing wrong? I have tried this with both keep the cable plugged in and also keeping the cable unplugged until I have made all the settings.
Another noobie question. Are the icons in FordPass of lock, unlock and start only for PAAK?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I would:

Make sure you car thinks it’s at the location where you’re making the settings.

Don't put a time schedule in the JuiceBox.

Lock, Unlock, and Start work in FP without using PAAK.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
If the Juicebox is set to not provide current, the car won't get current. Think of it as a light switch.

I set mine to my off-peak hours, just like the car.

Make sure the car is set to Use Preferred Settings, not Charge When Plugged In,

OP
OP
swnath

swnath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I would:

Make sure you car thinks it’s at the location where you’re making the settings.

Don't put a time schedule in the JuiceBox.

Lock, Unlock, and Start work in FP without using PAAK.
I appreciate your response.
I've double checked on location. If i don't put a remote time in JB it just charges by default.
Those buttons have always been dimmed and have always been non-responsive. How do I get them to work? I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of FP. I saw one video where there actually was a link "Precondition" on that home screen. I've never seen it on my app.
Since your posting I have tried to sit a departure time for the present and nothing happened. Is there a setting in the car I should look at? Thanx again.

OP
OP
swnath

swnath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If the Juicebox is set to not provide current, the car won't get current. Think of it as a light switch.

I set mine to my off-peak hours, just like the car.

Make sure the car is set to Use Preferred Settings, not Charge When Plugged In,
Thanx for your response. I have always done as you suggested. I just tried now to set a current departure time with a remote time for the JB. When the departure time came nothing happened. The JB remained solid green indicating it was alive and ready but not actually charging. Thanx again. There is something missing. I've seen videos that showed an actual button called "Precondition" to press which I have never seen. Also, the lock unlock and start buttons have always remained dimmed and are non-responsive. I would settle for that if JB and FP played together well.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I appreciate your response.
I've double checked on location. If i don't put a remote time in JB it just charges by default.
Those buttons have always been dimmed and have always been non-responsive. How do I get them to work? I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of FP. I saw one video where there actually was a link "Precondition" on that home screen. I've never seen it on my app.
Since your posting I have tried to sit a departure time for the present and nothing happened. Is there a setting in the car I should look at? Thanx again.
If your schedule in the vehicle is being ignored, either you have it set to “Charge when plugged in” or the car calculates that it cannot achieve the target level in the charge window.

Check the connected vehicle setting in the car. If connectivity is off, the buttons won’t work.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thanx for your response. I have always done as you suggested. I just tried now to set a current departure time with a remote time for the JB. When the departure time came nothing happened. The JB remained solid green indicating it was alive and ready but not actually charging. Thanx again. There is something missing. I've seen videos that showed an actual button called "Precondition" to press which I have never seen. Also, the lock unlock and start buttons have always remained dimmed and are non-responsive. I would settle for that if JB and FP played together well.
What does "with a remote time for the JB" mean?

Did you set the departure time in the car? The app is iffy.

There is no Precondition button for the Mach-E.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Make sure on the departure time page you toggle to “precondition when unplugged”.

If FordPass was smart, the “Remote Start” button would Precondition and then Start.

OP
OP
swnath

swnath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanx to everyone. You were really kind and patient.
I rechecked everything. Every setting in the car was as it should be. Even the "Remote Start" toggle was on. RickMachE said the app is iffy. Having used computers for 40 years I resort to the old tried and true method - curse it, remove the app, reboot and reinstall the app. Voila! It worked! All the buttons on the home screen worked and I was able to start the car remotely on my phone. I think that was all I needed. I can start the car remotely, say 15-20 minutes before I intend to leave and have the heater going at the same time. That's all I wanted.
It's very reassuring to be part of such a knowledgeable and caring community. Thanx.
Sponsored