Preparing for new Mach-e

Kittynpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
No, there are none, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested.
My dealer told me that the only time I can refi Ford Option was right before you pay the balloon…….. I’m not sure if they misunderstood me, or they just said that to avoid people took the rebate then refi….
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My dealer told me that the only time I can refi Ford Option was right before you pay the balloon…….. I’m not sure if they misunderstood me, or they just said that to avoid people took the rebate then refi….
Only correct if you want to refinance the balloon with Ford Credit. Otherwise, you can payoff the loan or refinance immediately.

OP
OP

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
did it let you apply the $750 discount that ford gave you when you switched from '21 to a '22 build?

schnooze

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Pacifica Hybrid; 17 Prius Prime; 21 MME 2wd ER
Occupation
Civil Servant
Country flag
Did you avoid the MSRP increase made Dec 7 (I think)? Just wondering if the MSRP given online would include price protection for orders made prior to Dec 7?
Yes ... our MSRP for our final order was the same MSRP that was listed for the car when the order was placed back in Jun 2021. The base price for the car was $47,600 (Premium model) with $5,840 in options (big battery $5k, special white paint $600 and floor mats $240) and $1,100 destination ... final MSRP $54,540. The X-Plan discount ($793.80) was applied by Ford, bringing the net price to $53,746.20.

schnooze

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Servant
Country flag
it does help a lot!!

so basically everything was via ford.com.
Why am I wasting so much time with the dealer and getting anxiety unnecessarily….. o_O

so when you paid, the MSRP was the original MSRP and the x-plan pricing was also based off the original MSRP, correct?

I am also considering the Ford Option plan. Is there other option besides wiring to the dealer to pay for the down payment?

thanks so much for the info!
Yes ... everything was done thru Ford.com (although there were a few addl digital and hand-inked signatures required by the dealer afterwards). The dealer did tell us that they were surprised that Ford.com was able to get the numbers done so correctly ... because beyond the final X-Plan price amount, Ford.com also correctly computed the final sales tax amount, license plate fees and even the dealer processing fee (X-Plan limits the dealer processing fee to $100).

The window sticker for the car was listed as $54,540; the Ford.com X-Plan discount amount was $793.80, bringing the final price down to $53,746.20 ... we never dealt with the dealer at all, until after the final price had been signed (thru Ford.com).

For the down payment, the dealer would have accepted our personal check ... but unfortunately, we no longer carry paper checks at all, so we wired them the funds instead.

I can't speak for anybody else, but for me, the worst part about any car purchase is the anxiety of waiting in the dealership to see what is going to be the final, final, final, final price (because no matter what the newspaper/website says, the dealership always has a way of inserting yet one more fee/add-on/special charge/etc, and then putting you thru an endless set of recommendations to buy add-ons/etc). But this Ford.com process was really slick ... all the numbers were 100% visible, known and viewable from the comfort of my own computer (while I sat at home) ... I never want to set foot in a traditional dealership again (unless I am merely there to pick up my keys ...). But of course -- this only worked for me because I was willing to wait 7 1/2 months and let Ford.com manage the process for me ... I assume that none of the above works for people who just walk into a dealership and ask to have their new car purchase managed for them by a dealership employee.

schnooze

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Servant
Country flag
We received our paperwork from Ford Credit just this weekend (3 weeks after delivery of the car). After logging into our Ford Credit account, I can see the amount we need to pay in order to close our loan immediately (which we will be doing). So by the time we get the final payment sent in, we will have spent about $100 in interest in order to get a $2,500 credit from Ford.

However, even if we did decide to keep the loan for a full three years, I notice that our total finance fees would still only be ~$2,000 (note though that we did this by applying the max down payment amount (40%) ... so with a lesser down payment amount, the finance charges would match/exceed the $2,500 Ford Credit discount).

Our rate was 2.49% ... so unless you need to have a long-term loan and also already have access to a really great rate (compared to the 2.49% Ford rate), then I recommend that everybody jump on the Ford Credit $2,500 discount.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
Yes ... our MSRP for our final order was the same MSRP that was listed for the car when the order was placed back in Jun 2021. The base price for the car was $47,600 (Premium model) with $5,840 in options (big battery $5k, special white paint $600 and floor mats $240) and $1,100 destination ... final MSRP $54,540. The X-Plan discount ($793.80) was applied by Ford, bringing the net price to $53,746.20.
Your car was a 2021 MY so expected that your sticker matches the price when you ordered. The price issue would be for someone who ordered a 2022MY car ordered between Oct and early December. I'd guess that dealing with price protection and the offer for transitioning from 21 to 22 probably can't be done exclusively online.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Your car was a 2021 MY so expected that your sticker matches the price when you ordered. The price issue would be for someone who ordered a 2022MY car ordered between Oct and early December. I'd guess that dealing with price protection and the offer for transitioning from 21 to 22 probably can't be done exclusively online.

Good point. I was about to ask schnooze if they got the $750 price protection, but I guess no change for 2021 vehicles.

I hope they figure out this $750 credit when/if my order ever comes in.

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
Thanks for the info.
Regarding the rate for the option plan, Is it set by FORD or do the finance guy just jack it up and you have no recourse? Assuming that you have over 800 credit score. lets say the finance guy says 5% when you know that you qualify for the lowest rate (1.5%) currently. Is there any recourse other than to walk?
For those of us in CA, there are *some* limitations on financing rates. If you aren’t already aware of it, check out the CA Car Buyer’s Bill of Rights.

09956E87-B3DD-44D7-B7AE-3B6871740F29.jpeg

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
Good point. I was about to ask schnooze if they got the $750 price protection, but I guess no change for 2021 vehicles.

I hope they figure out this $750 credit when/if my order ever comes in.
The $750 is a separate item from the price protection. It is what Ford calls a “Private Cash Offer”, and is tied to your name and address. The dealer can look up these offers in their Smart VINCENT or VINCENT system. The fact that the $750 happened to come in the form of an email talking about converting the order to a 2022 should be irrelevant. The fine print of that email gives more information on how it can be used, including on dealer stock vehicles.

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Can anyone explain how I can pre pay and get my financing options setup when my car arrives at the dealership? My order for a 2021 MME RWD Ext DMG should be at the dealership over the next 2 weeks or so, and I would love to get as much of the paperwork out of the way ahead of time. The dealership has agreed to no ADM and is also accepting my X plan pin. I have found my way over to the Ford finance website but they always seem to need an account number to link my finance account with the core ford account (not sure where I get this account number?).

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Can anyone explain how I can pre pay and get my financing options setup when my car arrives at the dealership? My order for a 2021 MME RWD Ext DMG should be at the dealership over the next 2 weeks or so, and I would love to get as much of the paperwork out of the way ahead of time. The dealership has agreed to no ADM and is also accepting my X plan pin. I have found my way over to the Ford finance website but they always seem to need an account number to link my finance account with the core ford account (not sure where I get this account number?).
The real financing was not available to me until the dealer received the vehicle. Last night they got the car off the truck. The purchase button on the Ford.com website was clickable but was not fully usable (I would get many errors when trying to finalize the purchase). Today they must have scanned something to enable the purchase because around 10:00 AM local time I could finally start the process. I just finished the online paperwork. Hoping the dealer does their part now. Will pick up tomorrow or Thursday.

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
The real financing was not available to me until the dealer received the vehicle. Last night they got the car off the truck. The purchase button on the Ford.com website was clickable but was not fully usable (I would get many errors when trying to finalize the purchase). Today they must have scanned something to enable the purchase because around 10:00 AM local time I could finally start the process. I just finished the online paperwork. Hoping the dealer does their part now. Will pick up tomorrow or Thursday.
Wow looking at your signature you seem to have gotten delivery 2 weeks ahead of schedule, congratulations and best of luck for a drama less experience at the dealership.
My current delivery date is 3/11, so I'll probably wait for my dealership to confirm receipt of shipment before looking to work on the online paperwork. I don't get any emails from Ford due to a glitch in the email entered with the dealership during the order process, so make my job a little harder.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I just happened to come upon this thread and it is the first time I have heard of x-plan and the discount. Can you please share with me what exactly is x-plan and what do I need to do to qualify for it? I ordered a 2022 GTPE in Dec 2021, so I still have time to become a member of an affiliate for 3 months. But I am not sure what organization that is or how I join.

Please lmk.

Thank you!

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag