Kaushik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My dealer Fremont Ford (including the GM) is not honoring price protection, even after sharing all the info (VOMC, Memo etc) and wants me to walk away from the order if I cannot take it.

Interesting fact is that the dealer did price protection for my previous order. I also tweeted to Ford and Jim Farley.

Any inputs on what my options are here?
Sponsored

Gops_vasi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach-e CR 1 RWD
Country flag
My dealer Fremont Ford (including the GM) is not honoring price protection, even after sharing all the info (VOMC, Memo etc) and wants me to walk away from the order if I cannot take it.

Interesting fact is that the dealer did price protection for my previous order. I also tweeted to Ford and Jim Farley.

Any inputs on what my options are here?
Feel bad that this happend to you. Who is your sales guy ?? Is it Wilson ??
I will be there next week to pick up my car, just want to know whether they are accepting x-plan and giving you the previous APR

k4455

First Name
Kaushik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Feel bad that this happend to you. Who is your sales guy ?? Is it Wilson ??
I will be there next week to pick up my car, just want to know whether they are accepting x-plan and giving you the previous APR
Yes, it’s Wilson, it’s also the GM who got involved as well. They could honor the old X-plan rebate as well as old APR

Gops_vasi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach-e CR 1 RWD
Country flag
Yes, it’s Wilson, it’s also the GM who got involved as well. They could honor the old X-plan rebate as well as old APR
What did you do ?? still waiting for resolution from Ford or were you able to get price protection ??

k4455

First Name
Kaushik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What did you do ?? still waiting for resolution from Ford or were you able to get price protection ??
Ford customer support couldn’t do anything, they said dealer can price how much ever they want and they don’t have control. I will leave a dealer review that I didn’t get price protection and have also reached out to BBB.org. No resolution yet.

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E AWD Premium, 22' BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Same boat. Dealer has refused price protection.
what is the reason for them to refusing it?

I took delivery 2 weeks ago and I had similar experience with price protection. I was told it’s because we are not sure how much price protection there should be. GM said whatever money we receive from ford we will send you check for that. I am not sure if I’ll ever receive it but I will keep bugging them.

jr4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
what is the reason for them to refusing it?

I took delivery 2 weeks ago and I had similar experience with price protection. I was told it’s because we are not sure how much price protection there should be. GM said whatever money we receive from ford we will send you check for that. I am not sure if I’ll ever receive it but I will keep bugging them.
Yes, they said several times that they don't know how much it will be. That could be, however, they could/would not produce my original order sheet. I would think it fairly straight forward math to pull the original order sheet and compare that to the sticker. Many dealers have figured that out.

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E AWD Premium, 22' BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Yes, they said several times that they don't know how much it will be. That could be, however, they could/would not produce my original order sheet. I would think it fairly straight forward math to pull the original order sheet and compare that to the sticker. Many dealers have figured that out.
yea, most of these dealers don't care. I was at the dealer way too long (3+ hours) and having a 1 year old with me didn't help. I had copy of original order sheet and so did the dealer which didn't help with having them figure out the difference. I also printed out the how to apply the price protection memo I found on these forums. I probably should have sent over the YouTube video on how to apply the protection. But seems like GM already had his mind made up how to deal with price protection, since the memo I was showing him he didn't bother to look at it all.

I also received a survey from Ford regarding my experience with the dealer. It has expiration date until end of this month. Anybody knows if I put a poor rating on there, does it reflect on the sales person or the dealer it self?

k4455

First Name
Kaushik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
yea, most of these dealers don't care. I was at the dealer way too long (3+ hours) and having a 1 year old with me didn't help. I had copy of original order sheet and so did the dealer which didn't help with having them figure out the difference. I also printed out the how to apply the price protection memo I found on these forums. I probably should have sent over the YouTube video on how to apply the protection. But seems like GM already had his mind made up how to deal with price protection, since the memo I was showing him he didn't bother to look at it all.

I also received a survey from Ford regarding my experience with the dealer. It has expiration date until end of this month. Anybody knows if I put a poor rating on there, does it reflect on the sales person or the dealer it self?
Go ahead and leave the review based on your experience. It’s for the dealer.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
Has anyone successfully gotten the price protection after the fact?

I ordered my car on 8/7/21 (meaning I have a signed Retail Buyer Order signed by me and the dealership with an out-the-door price on it). I took delivery on 5/14/22. At that time, the Sales Manager said that I was price protected, but they didn't know how much Ford would give back because of fraud, but that his folks were well versed and would submit the paperwork on Monday (this was a Saturday). He said that people have been getting it as fast as 15 days but that Ford had 45 days and I should be prepared to wait that long. I didn't trust the guy and figured most of this was exaggeration if not lies.

Well, here we are 63 days later and still no check. I tried to go in this week, but the Office Manager who deals with it is on vacation, so I have to wait until next week. Just wondering if I should be reasonable and give them longer or if it is fair to start demanding accountability. We're talking $2000, so I'm not just walking away.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Has anyone successfully gotten the price protection after the fact?

I ordered my car on 8/7/21 (meaning I have a signed Retail Buyer Order signed by me and the dealership with an out-the-door price on it). I took delivery on 5/14/22. At that time, the Sales Manager said that I was price protected, but they didn't know how much Ford would give back because of fraud, but that his folks were well versed and would submit the paperwork on Monday (this was a Saturday). He said that people have been getting it as fast as 15 days but that Ford had 45 days and I should be prepared to wait that long. I didn't trust the guy and figured most of this was exaggeration if not lies.

Well, here we are 63 days later and still no check. I tried to go in this week, but the Office Manager who deals with it is on vacation, so I have to wait until next week. Just wondering if I should be reasonable and give them longer or if it is fair to start demanding accountability. We're talking $2000, so I'm not just walking away.
Some have posted that dealerships have said that Ford isn't meeting the 45 day committment.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
When we picked up our 2nd from the dealership last week (7/18/22). We were told that they would sort of honor the price protection. Sort of as in we pay the current MSRP and when the dealership gets the adjustment from Ford, the dealership would cut us a check automatically. While its good, still need to keep on top of it and also paid the sales tax on the higher amount.

jr4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
When we picked up our 2nd from the dealership last week (7/18/22). We were told that they would sort of honor the price protection. Sort of as in we pay the current MSRP and when the dealership gets the adjustment from Ford, the dealership would cut us a check automatically. While its good, still need to keep on top of it and also paid the sales tax on the higher amount.
yep. They say they don't know how much the check will be, hence the wait. That may be, but they've been at this game for a long time...

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I also printed out the how to apply the price protection memo I found on these forums. I probably should have sent over the YouTube video on how to apply the protection. But seems like GM already had his mind made up how to deal with price protection, since the memo I was showing him he didn't bother to look at it all.
I sent over items from this forum to my dealer, as well. But looking at it, the resources (and particularly that YouTube video) basically just say that it's supposed to be automatic - it didn't seem like they actually have to do anything other than selling it to the person who ordered it. I get the idea that sending the resources mostly alerts the dealer to the fact that you know what's up. (Reading the YouTube comments to the video was also a bit depressing - found a comment from someone who ordered a different vehicle, didn't end up getting it due to price dispute, and named and shamed: My dealer. Sigh.)

I fault Ford for this one, at least a bit. Why couldn't they just have made the MSRP the protected price? Wouldn't that have made things easier for everyone involved? Can't tell whether the dealers are playing games or really don't know about this but in any event, if the MSRP was what it was then there wouldn't be any confusion or room for argument.
Sponsored