Problem with driver seat and warranty

OttoPilot2682

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium ER/AWD
Country flag
I have a 2021 Premium ER AWD about 32700 miles. My driver side seat bottom cushion has lost support. The foam is crushed down. I can feel parts of the support structure when I’m sitting on it. There is something that I can feel just pushing up in the area of my tail bone. Sometimes I hear/feel a crunch in the back right quarter of the seat, when I go over a bump. My seat should not be doing this. My concern is that I am getting close to the warranty mileage limit. I drive a minimum of 300 miles a week. The quickest appointment I could get was 2 weeks out with a dealer.

It is obvious the seat bottom needs to be replaced. Maybe that means the whole seat. I did a chat with Ford and I was basically told if I can get the repair done within the mileage timeframe it will be a warranty repair. If I can’t get it done in that time then I pay for it… even though I am reporting it now.

So I’m having to avoid driving my car that I paid $60,000 for just to stretch out the warranty.

What can I do to get this moving or ensure that this happens under the warranty?
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Try a different dealer’s service department to see if they can get you in earlier? 🤷‍♂️🐩

machefan2022

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CalRt1
Country flag
36000 mile warranty
32700 current mileage
300 miles per week.
Appointment in 2 weeks.

Seems like you have 11 weeks, give or take, before you hit the mileage threshold.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a 2021 Premium ER AWD about 32700 miles. My driver side seat bottom cushion has lost support. The foam is crushed down. I can feel parts of the support structure when I’m sitting on it. There is something that I can feel just pushing up in the area of my tail bone. Sometimes I hear/feel a crunch in the back right quarter of the seat, when I go over a bump. My seat should not be doing this. My concern is that I am getting close to the warranty mileage limit. I drive a minimum of 300 miles a week. The quickest appointment I could get was 2 weeks out with a dealer.

It is obvious the seat bottom needs to be replaced. Maybe that means the whole seat. I did a chat with Ford and I was basically told if I can get the repair done within the mileage timeframe it will be a warranty repair. If I can’t get it done in that time then I pay for it… even though I am reporting it now.

So I’m having to avoid driving my car that I paid $60,000 for just to stretch out the warranty.

What can I do to get this moving or ensure that this happens under the warranty?
I have had the same type of issue at other dealers, nor Ford though. They were put on notice of the problem and even though car was brought in after warranty expired they covered the work

get something in writing .

OP
OP

OttoPilot2682

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium ER/AWD
Country flag
I have had the same type of issue at other dealers, nor Ford though. They were put on notice of the problem and even though car was brought in after warranty expired they covered the work

get something in writing .
How did you talk with ford? I did a chat with, I guess, Guides. They said they could not help me and that if I didn’t get it done before the warranty I was SOL

OP
OP

OttoPilot2682

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium ER/AWD
Country flag
36000 mile warranty
32700 current mileage
300 miles per week.
Appointment in 2 weeks.

Seems like you have 11 weeks, give or take, before you hit the mileage threshold.
2 weeks for appointment and who knows how long for whatever solution

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How did you talk with ford? I did a chat with, I guess, Guides. They said they could not help me and that if I didn’t get it done before the warranty I was SOL
It wasn’t Ford. Another company but they did cover the warranty because the problem occurred before warranty period expired and they didn’t have time to get my car in. In fact at first they couldn’t find a problem, a few weeks later they did and changed out entire map, radio system under warranty,

I would go back to supervisor or GM , don’t take no for an answer If you can’t go somewhere else.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
2 weeks for appointment and who knows how long for whatever solution
I doubt they will let you keep the car once it is in service unless it is an exceptionally long time for the parts to arrive.

Sure, in two weeks they might tell you it will take eight weeks plus, but you are not at that bridge yet and may never need reach it.
Sponsored