KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
I've had my Mach E for 2 months and over 3K miles and for the first time a few days ago when I was adjusting the volume to some music, the volume read "Prompt Volume" instead of "Volume." When I adjusted the "Prompt Volume" the music was really low. The next time I got in the car, it did not happen again but whenever the car chimed (or prompted) it was really loud because I had apparently turned the "Prompt Volume" way up. I can't figure out how to access and lower the "Prompt Volume." Any ideas or help would be appreciated. The manual was not helpful. Thanks.
Sponsored

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Opposite of you, wish the "Turn right at the next light" was a bit louder, especially at highway speeds with the windows down

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Wait for a prompt and adjust the volume as desired.
Yup, that’s it. Sometimes you have to be fast on the volume knob, but if you hear a prompt, a voice, the music, or whatever is playing out of your speakers at THAT MOMENT, you can dial up and down the volume for whatever that one thing that had the speaker control at the moment is.

Brussam

First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dmbruss.com
Vehicles
Racing Red 2RWD Extended
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Navigation volume is adjusted by using the Volume Knob by turning it WHILE the Navigation command is playing. It seems that the Navigation volume is retained until a car charge is done. We have had to set it up again after doing a car charge on this trip.

It is so much better hearing the commands and still hear the XM Radio

OP
OP
KDub

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Thank you for the quick responses all. I will try to be quick with the volume knob when I hear the prompt.

@2021-MMEx-RT1 - the turn signals do not sound any louder so maybe they're not tied to the Prompt Volume. I agree with you though, they are set too low for sure.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Or the volume control on the steering wheel...

codyrobinson

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e premium
Country flag
I'll follow up on this....my prompt volume by default is too high...i don't need waze yelling at me for every turn. When it talks, I can turn it down, but it then defaults back to the loud volume. Is there a way to LOCK the prompt volume at a particular level? I cannot figure it out.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'll follow up on this....my prompt volume by default is too high...i don't need waze yelling at me for every turn. When it talks, I can turn it down, but it then defaults back to the loud volume. Is there a way to LOCK the prompt volume at a particular level? I cannot figure it out.
Pretty sure that's in Waze not in the MME.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I have the same exact problem - prompt volume resets itself to 7 (I think it's 7) after. Every. Prompt. I've had all the updates up to 1.7.1, and none of that fixed this issue.

bgentilesco

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM Premium
Occupation
Project manager
Country flag
Pretty sure that's in Waze not in the MME.
Definitely a Waze thing. Does it in our Edge as well. My wife still insists on using it, but I deleted Waze long ago in favor or Apple Maps. My other favorite Waze bug is where it will control the prompt volume ALL THE TIME so you can't adjust the audio volume. We've found turning the microphone on and off on Waze fixes that until you either close Waze, turn off the car, or randomly depending on mood of the day.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Definitely a Waze thing. Does it in our Edge as well. My wife still insists on using it, but I deleted Waze long ago in favor or Apple Maps. My other favorite Waze bug is where it will control the prompt volume ALL THE TIME so you can't adjust the audio volume. We've found turning the microphone on and off on Waze fixes that until you either close Waze, turn off the car, or randomly depending on mood of the day.
Yep, same, Apple Maps is great now.

OP
OP
KDub

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
When you hear the prompt sound, you have to quickly adjust the volume. It's tricky but as others have mentioned early in this thread, that is the way. It worked for me.

Don't know if a reboot of the screen would also solve this issue (hold vol down and right button on steering wheel at same time) but that could be another solution.

codyrobinson

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e premium
Country flag
Okay...well, i love Waze, but may dump it based on this issue.

If I do, need a new solution.

Does the built in navigation in the MME have real time traffic, re-routing, etc? Would be easiest to just use what comes in the car, but want to make sure it's great. I always joke that if Waze tells me to turn behind a dumpster I'll do it because it has saved me so many times.
Sponsored