Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Interesting. I never need to do that. Ever. Unless I'm actually getting out of the car, of course. In which case activating easy exit by putting it in park serves its purpose.
Which is why Ford is really good at giving us options. Some people have needs that others do not. The primary reason I chose the MME over a Tesla is freedom of choice in how I use the vehicle. Tesla just takes away stuff and makes you deal with it. Not ideal IMO....
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You must be new to the internet then! šŸ¤£

It seems most of us donā€™t want you to take our start/stop buttons away (or give Ford the idea that they should).
I think first responders are glad these have a stop button.

Johnny B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD 2017Nissan Titan XD Diesel
Occupation
Retired Software Developer
Country flag
Um...nope. if I take my foot off the brake once I come to a stop then the car will start moving again.
That shouldn't happen if the Auto Hold setting is on, right?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That shouldn't happen if the Auto Hold setting is on, right?
Not sure. That was the very first thing that I turned off when I took delivery. Didn't even make it out of the dealership parking lot with it enabled. :)

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Which is why Ford is really good at giving us options. Some people have needs that others do not. The primary reason I chose the MME over a Tesla is freedom of choice in how I use the vehicle. Tesla just takes away stuff and makes you deal with it. Not ideal IMO....
For the record, I am neither pro nor con start stop buttons. I don't need one. Others might. I was happy not having one, I'm glad the MME reminds me to turn it off when I forget.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Less filling.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
You must be new to the internet then! šŸ¤£

On the Ford subject, I think they (rightfully so) wanted to make the Mach E look like, and drive like, the ICE cars people are used to.
Vitriol comes fast from behind a keyboard.

I agree with Ford making the choice to be a bridge from ICE to EV for people- 90% of the reason I got the MME was to support Ford going all Model T on EVs. Still, there are better ways to do things that are enabled by EVs, and change will come. The old ways hold us back, the future is happening, and it will be different

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Clearly you've never had your car die on you while driving on the freeway. Super dangerous, you're basically relying on everyone paying enough attention to let you over immediately. Super freakin' scary.
I have and it was a 1980 Ford Mustang around 1986.

The crankshaft damper pulley broke its rubber mount, loosening the accessory belt. The power steering, coolant pump, and electric generator stopped, then the engine overheated which stopped the engine on the highway. I managed to coast to the curb in a dead car. My only good luck is that the Ford dealer was a few feet away. I went in and asked for service. The dealer got a mechanic out to help me push the car into the shop. The repair cost me $240 plus a lost working day.

The only other time a car died on me was at a traffic signal stop, so it was not moving, only blocking traffic.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I have and it was a 1980 Ford Mustang around 1986.

The crankshaft damper pulley broke its rubber mount, loosening the accessory belt. The power steering, coolant pump, and electric generator stopped, then the engine overheated which stopped the engine on the highway. I managed to coast to the curb in a dead car. My only good luck is that the Ford dealer was a few feet away. I went in and asked for service. The dealer got a mechanic out to help me push the car into the shop. The repair cost me $240 plus a lost working day.

The only other time a car died on me was at a traffic signal stop, so it was not moving, only blocking traffic.
This brings me backā€¦.. only car I had die on a highway was an ā€˜86 Mustang.

AC compressor completely locked up.

Luckily we figured out from trial and error that the car ran fine when we shut the ac off.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Wow, 5 pages to this thread over a 3 day period and the OP hasn't come back to respond to all the folks telling him he could not possibly ("accidently touched, (brushed) the Start/Stop Button while adjusting the air vent ") and turn his vehicle off, as you must press the button for at least 1-2 seconds. Guess it's not that important to him. šŸ¤” šŸ˜‚

MARKYOSHI

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MODEL 3, MUSTANG MACH-E PREMIUM
Country flag
The start stop button does indeed serve a purpose- to wit - a car wash where you have to get out of the car. As a Tesla Model 3 owner (currently waiting for my 2023 MME Premium edition (no build date as yet), the lack of a start/stop button meant that you could leave the car in neutral - but the moment you left the car? The car went into park. Tesla then issued a somewhat finicky "car wash mode" that requires training of the car washeros every single time I go to the car wash. So - leaving the MME in neutral and "not" turning it off? Gives me the car wash option w/o any fuss or muss (unless, of course, there's something specific to the MME that I'm not yet aware). I prefer the start/stop button, by far - and this is a nice convenience feature. Tesla had to create a workaround when- in their attempt to simplify everything - they got ahead of what owners would expect. Ford learned from it, I'm sure- one key reason I'm getting the MME. SiriusXM? In the MME, not available in a Tesla. Apple CarPlay or Android Auto? MME's got it - Tesla doesn't. The only thing the MME lacks is something remotely like TeslaCam/Sentry mode. Not a deal-breaker to me.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Wow, 5 pages to this thread over a 3 day period and the OP hasn't come back to respond to all the folks telling him he could not possibly ("accidently touched, (brushed) the Start/Stop Button while adjusting the air vent ") and turn his vehicle off, as you must press the button for at least 1-2 seconds. Guess it's not that important to him. šŸ¤” šŸ˜‚
Or it was a troll.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The only thing the MME lacks is something remotely like TeslaCam/Sentry mode. Not a deal-breaker to me.
There is a great benefit from not having that: no HVB charge dissipation when it is "off". As I am sure you know, when you are using Sentry mode on a Tesla, it will drain the HVB. But the MME can be parked and off for a week and it will never even lose 1% of the battery charge.

If you really want to monitor your car, you can install a dashcam and connect it to mobile Internet. Forum members have monitored their car through service appointments at the dealer and the HVB didn't suffer.

Ford's decision to eliminate vampire battery drain is superior to Tesla's Sentry mode IMO.
Sponsored