Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
They look great. I just wish they would stay on longer. I feel like it should be on, anytime the outside lights are on, and the car isn't started. Any other car I've had that has had puddle lights, they are always on when you unlock the car, and a little bit after you lock it.
I don't have my MME yet, so I don't know exactly what settings are available. But most Fords allow one to set the timer for how long the headlights stay on, after the vehicle is shut off. Assuming the MME has such an adjustment, maybe setting this timer for longer will keep the puddle lamps illuminated longer (once the mirrors have folded in upon exit).
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
You can disable it within settings I believe. In fact I want to say I purposefully turned it on, but I could be mistaken. I will try to remember to look again tonight.
pretty easy setting to find in the menu. pretty intuitively placed.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Fords have auto-locked for years ..... not sure if there's a settings menu that let's you override it
There’s not. But I’m hoping it’s a setting that the dealer can disable. If not, I can live with it.

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
I don't believe this is the whole story, e.g., when I approach (with fob) after a "long" period away from the car, say overnight, the car does nothing until I UNLOCK. Then the mirrors unfold., etc. After a Start/Stop "trip," and locking the MME, mirrors fold but NO puddle lights. Walking out of passive range and returning wakes the car and displays the puddle lights every time until a "long" time has elapsed. Well, this is my story and I'm sticking with it....for now.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I don't believe this is the whole story, e.g., when I approach (with fob) after a "long" period away from the car, say overnight, the car does nothing until I UNLOCK. Then the mirrors unfold., etc. After a Start/Stop "trip," and locking the MME, mirrors fold but NO puddle lights. Walking out of passive range and returning wakes the car and displays the puddle lights every time until a "long" time has elapsed. Well, this is my story and I'm sticking with it....for now.
So, Code Crusher leans around his monitor and calls out to his coding buddy. "Hey, Joe, I think they have almost figured out the puddle lamp puzzle! Let's add to the next OTA to reverse all of the timing and settings. I bet they spend another 8 pages trying to figure that one out!" Reply from Joe, "Yeah, well I bet at least 10 pages!" Laughing lasts for several seconds as they return to their coding...

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I dunno if I should post my car settings, but when I have the fob in my right pocket and phone in left pocket then anytime (overnight or after 60 seconds) I walk to the car it wakes up and shows the puddle lights - I then press the door button and it opens. No need to unlock car from fob or even take it out of my pocket. When I walk away the mirrors fold and the car locks; I can come right back outside and she'll greet me again.

Once I had the phone and fob in same pocket and the phone seemed to block the fob; I had to take the fob out and then the car woke up. Since then I keep them in separate pockets and all has been as it should be.

I do park in my driveway, so no interference from stuff in the garage or the house.

Reactions: abr

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I just wanted to say that the fact we're up to nearly 2 pages of actual on-topic discussion suggests this wasn't really a "silly question". :)
I was embarrassed asking!!! I'm even more embarrassed because if took my wireless Eufy security camera in the garage to monitor the puddle light in action! Phone approaches, front and rear lights come on and mirrors unfold but no pony light!

I'm seriously considering it needs to sense an actual puddle under the car.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Are you using PAAK? Maybe the phone is sleeping the app.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was embarrassed asking!!! I'm even more embarrassed because if took my wireless Eufy security camera in the garage to monitor the puddle light in action! Phone approaches, front and rear lights come on and mirrors unfold but no pony light!

Just for giggles, check the projectors under the mirror. Maybe there's still a plastic protective cover over it?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Wait a minute - the mirrors shouldn't unfold until you press the "open door" button - I just checked it with my car. The lights only come on when the mirror is folded; perhaps if the mirror unfolds as you approach that's why the puddle lights don't come on

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
My mirrors unfold when I press unlock or approach car with wife's phone as a key.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Maybe it's because it's in our garage? I will check for plastic over the light lens but I would think it would be clear plastic. Actually, we still had the sticker on the Frameless rearview Mirror and over the charging receptacle. So I wouldn't be surprised if detail people missed some other plastic as well. The dealer is fantastic, but for some reason they subcontract detailer dept even though they have multiple Stores in Florida and Mobile Alabama. Detail was the only area of the sale that completely missed the mark! So I'm going Plastic Hunting!
Sponsored