GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
I'm still struggling to see the Puddle lights. Tried FOB, no FOB. Both FOB, phone, no phone, phone on other side of house (lol) with Bluetooth off.

Still nothing oddly not even the clicking or button lights come on. My fusion came on with just about every scenario, unlock/lock/open/etc.

I'll keep trying!
Sponsored

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I agree with the suspicion that the inconsistency of the puddle lamps is caused by spotty PAAK or by some confusion between PAAK and fob.

My lamps work often enough that I’m not gonna drive myself nuts trying to nail this down. Hopefully some of the smarter folks at Ford can fix this with improvements to PAAK. For now, I’m going to leave PAAK enabled and keep carrying my fob.
Data point:
I use the fob exclusively for driving. I use FordPass on occasion when outside the car to monitor charging, but not for PAAK to enter/drive the car. Once I am finished using FordPass, I force stop it so it does not drain the battery. The car does not appear to register me at all if I walk by with my phone and no fob, and FordPass stopped.

My puddle lamps work every time I approach with the fob.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I think inconsistency with the puddle lamps is primarily caused by proximity of the fob when the car is parked. After parking in my garage, I was sometimes keeping my fob in the adjoining laundry room. The lights time out after a short while, so I wasn’t seeing them.

When I approach the car with fob after the fob has been out of range, the lamps are pretty reliable.

PAAK is spotty, so using the phone proximity to trigger the lamps will also be spotty.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Ford should address the puddle light issue in an OTA update. It’s not tough to leave them on until the driver’s door is opened, and to turn them on whenever a fob or PaaK approaches, regardless of lighting conditions. These are LEDs, so there’s not a real concern about them burning out.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Ford should address the puddle light issue in an OTA update. It’s not tough to leave them on until the driver’s door is opened, and to turn them on whenever a fob or PaaK approaches, regardless of lighting conditions. These are LEDs, so there’s not a real concern about them burning out.
I could be wrong but sure seems to me that is exactly what they do. They light up whenever I approach with fob or phone. If it is bright out and I can't see the lights on the ground, it shows up if I put my hand under the mirror. For me, they seem to stay on until I push the button to open the door or after I walk away. Maybe there is a time out feature that I have just not seen because I usually get in the car pretty quickly.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So my son didn't say much when I visited him one evening and pointed out my puddle lights every time we walked by my MachE. When he visited me, however, he had to point out a mod he just made to his EV.
I’m going with imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Puddle Lights 1618157018309

Must be hard when you are the technogeek of the family and now you have to try to keep up with your mother’s electric stang.
Keep trying, son! ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Puddle Lights 1618156684308

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
So my son didn't say much when I visited him one evening and pointed out my puddle lights every time we walked by my MachE. When he visited me, however, he had to point out a mod he just made to his EV.
I’m going with imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.?
1618157018309.jpeg
wow, that's not even as good looking as the ICE Mustang puddle lamps let alone the Mach-E puddle lamps...

Deleted member 4004

So to confirm, IF to have a Select model with manual fold mirrors, the puddle lamps illuminate then, if the mirrors are out or left extended? Just the little things I guess, but I would like to know as I have a Select (without any optional packages) on reservation, but might switch to a model with the "comfort and technology" package. :)

sambastang

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Veloster, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
So to confirm, IF to have a Select model with manual fold mirrors, the puddle lamps illuminate then, if the mirrors are out or left extended? Just the little things I guess, but I would like to know as I have a Select (without any optional packages) on reservation, but might switch to a model with the "comfort and technology" package. :)
Hmmm. I don't know that they put the pony puddle lights in the manual mirrors, do they? I thought it was solely on the motorized jobbies...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Someone with a Select will have to answer this.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
It's like seeing aliens. If you think you see it once and report it, everyone will think you are crazy. All the pics seemingly proving puddle lights are clearly photoshopped.

Or maybe the trick to seeing puddle lights is to realize there are no puddle lights?

Or maybe it's like Christmas spirit, the way to spread puddle light joy is singing loudly for all to hear?
I’ve got them on my Mini Cooper...when I unlock the doors the Mini logo is projected on the ground. It stays on until the door is closed. If the MME doesnt do this, I’d expect a software update could change it...

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Those aren't ? lights. They're Pony lights.