Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My mirrors unfold when I press unlock or approach car with wife's phone as a key.
What if you simply walk up to the car with the fob? Don't press unlock on the fob, just walk up to the car while mirrors are folded and the car is locked.
Sponsored

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm having the same experience as most of you. It just haphazardly works when it chooses to. I do carry my linked phone at the same time as my fob. The fob is in my pocket and the phone is in a case on my belt.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
OMGosh! Actually saw the Puddle/courtesy/LochNess, light today! First time in 5 days of ownership. We were headed out to church this morning, garage door shut, and Low and Behold; Pony on the ground, it stayed lit long enough for me to hold it in my hand for mere moment's when just like that it was gone! So I know they are there, and the lamps are connected, the car can show the little pony, but I have know idea what scenario it will appear. MY 18 GT, it came on with the unlock, or stopping the car and getting out until it was locked then poof! The Electric Pony ? seems to have different parameters.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I'm having the same experience as most of you. It just haphazardly works when it chooses to. I do carry my linked phone at the same time as my fob. The fob is in my pocket and the phone is in a case on my belt.
I have not taken delivery yet, but I plan to carry the FOB at all times too. I'll spring for the additional FOB as well for the wife.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I have not taken delivery yet, but I plan to carry the FOB at all times too. I'll spring for the additional FOB as well for the wife.
Ford only provides one FOB?? I’ve never heard of that. I’m sure my husband will want to drive the car!

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Pony posed for pic! Been seeing the puddle light more consistently!

IMG_20210310_181036.jpg

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Before i configured PaaK, the car would consistently turn on the greet lights, puddle lamps and door rings (push buttons) when i was only using the fob. After PaaK enabled on two phones, the car rarely greets me, even with using the fob. PaaK has refused to unlock multiple times and refused to walk away lock at least once. I am hoping an OTA will resolve this. I’m honestly ready to turn off PaaK and get a second fob instead. We keep our phones so close to the car that one of them always shows connected, even if the Ford App is not running. Really want a consistent experience, especially the lock part.

Update:

Maybe I'm being too harsh on PaaK. I have some limited evidence that the greet/pony experience is dependent upon how you approach the car.

It occurred to me after posting this that I had changed my behavior with the car. Lately I've been backing the car into the garage whereas for the first week I pulled into the garage head on. When the car is backed in, I approach the car from the right rear quarter panel and am further than 19' from the front left quarter panel. I generally walk behind the car and along the driver side to open it. Result: No greet/no ponies/no rings lit on the door, PaaK unreliable, Fob reliable for unlocking but without a greet experience.

So I did an experiment. I disabled Bluetooth on all devices, pulled the car head on into the garage and used only the fob. I approached the car, shut the door, turned it on, waited, turned it off, opened the driver door and exited. Result: The car greets me every time I return and the ponies light up on the floor and the door rings light. The car also locks when I go out of range. I repeated this sequence many times.

I then enabled Bluetooth on one of my phones, opened up Ford Pass and left it in the foreground (seems to be a requirement that the app is running in the foreground on my iPhone for reliability). Using the same sequence as above, the car greets me, the rings and ponies light up every time using PaaK with the fob out of range.

Feeling empowered with my abilities. I then tried alternating start/stop cycles using the fob for both and then PaaK for both. Result: Everything worked as advertised.

So maybe it comes down to which sensors trigger first and not confusing the car with too many active keys. I've found that PaaK has longer range before it disconnects so I have to kill the app on the phone for it to disconnect. When I'm at home and the phone is sitting on the kitchen counter it's close enough for the car to detect it, but not trigger greet experience. Not exactly the seamless experience I was hoping for. Thus, I'm still leaning to just get a second Fob and truly use PaaK as a backup mechanism.

Last edited:

GregD

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford only provides one FOB?? I’ve never heard of that. I’m sure my husband will want to drive the car!
He may WANT to drive the MME, but will you let him? In my two days with my FE (ordered via Mach Drop), I’ve used my iPhone as key a couple of times. There was a slight glitch the second time, requiring closing/reopening the FordPass app before it would start.

The dealer says that using the door code will work not only for entry, but also for starting the MME via the screen. I have not tried that yet, but that would make three ways to drive the car, only one needing the key fob.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
He may WANT to drive the MME, but will you let him? In my two days with my FE (ordered via Mach Drop), I’ve used my iPhone as key a couple of times. There was a slight glitch the second time, requiring closing/reopening the FordPass app before it would start.

The dealer says that using the door code will work not only for entry, but also for starting the MME via the screen. I have not tried that yet, but that would make three ways to drive the car, only one needing the key fob.
Yes, after he has listened to me talk about the MME for months, I must let him drive it! I’m too anxious to rely on the iPhone given some of the issues that should like yours. Maybe I will just order a second FOB but I have to get the car first and that could be awhile!

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Based on what I saw in the manual, you can set up a backup start code. It's not the same as the door key.

GregD

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Based on what I saw in the manual, you can set up a backup start code. It's not the same as the door key.
Ah, now that you say that, it reminds me that the dealer may have mentioned a different code for a start code. He did talk about two different codes, but I was not the best student at that point. I just wanted to go!

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I dunno, the car would greet me with the puddle lights and door buttons every time the first night, had to show the whole family of course, but now after setting up the phones I get nothing. It seemed to be working earlier today when the sun was out, but now that it matters and it's below 50f (don't really think it matters, but it's a change) I get a dead asleep car, push the button to wake it up, then push again to open door. This is with fob and phone, phone only or fob only, walk around entire car from front or back.

Left the car for a few minutes earlier today, turning off motion sensors as I left as my son was in the car, alarm goes off when he moves. :rolleyes: Is that the back seat occupant reminder?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Ah, hell no. The #notamustang crowd shall not prevail. :eek:

I heard they were changing the visual to a ford symbol on the first OTA.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I agree with the suspicion that the inconsistency of the puddle lamps is caused by spotty PAAK or by some confusion between PAAK and fob.

My lamps work often enough that I’m not gonna drive myself nuts trying to nail this down. Hopefully some of the smarter folks at Ford can fix this with improvements to PAAK. For now, I’m going to leave PAAK enabled and keep carrying my fob.
Sponsored