Frank861

First Name
Frank Ruiz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I paid MSRP on mine. Had a dealer that wanted a $2500 markup after they told me in the phone no mark up. After telling them the sells Gus told me no mark up they said they would give it to me at MSRP but try to give me $5k below trade in of what the other dealer had offered me and no markup also on the other dealer. I was thinking of getting the red decided against it since Jersey in winter is not fun. Plus when the time comes up to sell or trade it in is not going to be as appealing as a AWD. I think these Mach are price competitive when you factor the tax credits and no sales tax. They had a Ford Escape titanium on the floor for $42k I was like damn is and Escape.
Sponsored

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
How does one get this $2500 Ford Option rebate? I'm in FL and I also looked up the Ford Options Credit website and found no mention of the value of the rebate and what states and what trims of the Mach-E it applied to. NJ/NY/Northeast thing?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
How does one get this $2500 Ford Option rebate? I'm in FL and I also looked up the Ford Options Credit website and found no mention of the value of the rebate and what states and what trims of the Mach-E it applied to. NJ/NY/Northeast thing?
Yes, it is a regional incentive - and subject to change based on market conditions. For a long time it was $2500 in some areas, $1000 in others, and $0 in the rest. Use the finance calculator on the website to see if your area is eligible and for how much.

From the ford.com page: electrified->order. Pick the model, battery, drivetrain and color and then hit the little calculator button in the upper right. enter the term and downpayment and then hit "calculate payment". In the "estimated monthly payment" section that comes up it will show the available incentives

OP
OP

Machine-E

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD select
Country flag
I paid MSRP on mine. Had a dealer that wanted a $2500 markup after they told me in the phone no mark up. After telling them the sells Gus told me no mark up they said they would give it to me at MSRP but try to give me $5k below trade in of what the other dealer had offered me and no markup also on the other dealer. I was thinking of getting the red decided against it since Jersey in winter is not fun. Plus when the time comes up to sell or trade it in is not going to be as appealing as a AWD. I think these Mach are price competitive when you factor the tax credits and no sales tax. They had a Ford Escape titanium on the floor for $42k I was like damn is and Escape.
That’s good to know. I’m wondering if I would have to reach out to Ford about the markups. That’s just crazy especially with the Mache’s as Ford is trying to get into the EV space. BTW congrats on your new car ??

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That’s good to know. I’m wondering if I would have to reach out to Ford about the markups. That’s just crazy especially with the Mache’s as Ford is trying to get into the EV space
I don't think "crazy" is the word you are looking for; it is "capitalism". There is a huge shortage of new cars for dealers to sell right now. The demand for new cars hasn't changed, nor has the overhead cost of running a dealership. 250 years ago Adam Smith figured out that the natural result of such a situation is a rise in prices.

Presumably when you sell stock you take as much profit as you can get - are you of the opinion that car dealers are not entitled to the same right?

Frank861

First Name
Frank Ruiz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I don't think "crazy" is the word you are looking for; it is "capitalism". There is a huge shortage of new cars for dealers to sell right now. The demand for new cars hasn't changed, nor has the overhead cost of running a dealership. 250 years ago Adam Smith figured out that the natural result of such a situation is a rise in prices.

Presumably when you sell stock you take as much profit as you can get - are you of the opinion that car dealers are not entitled to the same right?
I agree in a sense but you are also entitled to find the best deal. So if someone else is giving you that deal why overpay someone else's greed.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I agree in a sense but you are also entitled to find the best deal. So if someone else is giving you that deal why overpay someone else's greed.
As a car dealer why shouldn't you sell the car to someone who'll pay more instead of underselling it to a greedy buyer?

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
These government EV tax credits are messing up the market and causing fake demand.

Case in point is the RAV4 Prime which I’ve been looking for one and is rarer than Mach-Es at certain trims. Is it a $50K compact SUV? Nope. I recall a Reddit thread where somebody asked would have bought the Prime without the tax credit and it was 99% resounding no.

Frank861

First Name
Frank Ruiz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
As a car dealer why shouldn't you sell the car to someone who'll pay more instead of underselling it to a greedy buyer?
As a consumer I always shop for the best price. The sellers is in all his right to sell what he seem is fair. Why would I buy a stock that is worth $50 and pay $55 to someone is trying to advantage the system. Would you buy a Ford stock 10 percent over asking from a trader A or pay the fair price from trader B?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
As a consumer I always shop for the best price. The sellers is in all his right to sell what he seem is fair. Why would I buy a stock that is worth $50 and pay $55 to someone is trying to advantage the system. Would you buy a Ford stock 10 percent over asking from a trader A or pay the fair price from trader B?
If you bought Ford stock last year at $4 would you sell it today for the going price of $12.68 or $5? The value of the car has gone up due to tight supply, just as Ford's stock price has gone up due to positive outlook.

TheWala

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Dodge Charger, 2016 Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
Pizza Guru
Country flag
Why would you get the RWD instead of the AWD in NJ? I get the range is better for RWD but roads are terrible here in the winter, even with very little snow at times. To me the roughly 30 miles added from RWD is not enough to not get the AWD.

I’m in Northern NJ and searching for an AWD ER model. I found one but dealer was selling for $4k over so I walked away.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Why would you get the RWD instead of the AWD in NJ? I get the range is better for RWD but roads are terrible here in the winter, even with very little snow at times. To me the roughly 30 miles added from RWD is not enough to not get the AWD.

I’m in Northern NJ and searching for an AWD ER model. I found one but dealer was selling for $4k over so I walked away.
I've had my RWD SR Select since Feb 12, 2021 and had no problems driving here in Northern NJ during those end of winter months......it sometimes isn't just about range but cost as well.....if you have to drive in bad weather conditions one should adjust one's driving style for that day or better still. if it's that bad don't drive at all......I have been driving here in N NJ for over 50 years and have never owned an AWD car, and I'm not saying AWD isn't better, just that RWD will do fine....

TheWala

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Dodge Charger, 2016 Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
Pizza Guru
Country flag
I've had my RWD SR Select since Feb 12, 2021 and had no problems driving here in Northern NJ during those end of winter months......it sometimes isn't just about range but cost as well.....if you have to drive in bad weather conditions one should adjust one's driving style for that day or better still. if it's that bad don't drive at all......I have been driving here in N NJ for over 50 years and have never owned an AWD car, and I'm not saying AWD isn't better, just that RWD will do fine....
The cars I’ve had have been AWD. I currently have a Dodge Charger GT AWD and have seen plenty of cars getting stuck with very little snow. The MME is heavier which should help but I’ve seen too many cars having trouble with snow. For me, it’s more piece of mind.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag

My guess is to get the full $5k rebate. Only the Select RWD will qualify for the full $5k. Theoretically a Select RWD could've been had for ~$29k all in - $2500 Ford Options, $5000 rebate, and $7500 federal tax credit. It would've been an absolutely smoking deal, but it seems they all now want over sticker price.
Sponsored