Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Did you buy the Select RWD recently? Coz this specific model is going over MSRP. Anything above 45k is going at MSRP.
If they really are charging $2500 over MSRP for the base select, then it really doesn't seem worth it to me to get $3000 more in incentives. I'd rather have the tech package, AWD, etc.
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Has anyone ever heard of luxury sales tax over $50k? I live in NJ, but purchased the car in NY. My dealer in NY is asking for $98 in owed sales tax.
No sales tax in NJ for EV's, so the answer is no.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It sounds like a NY thing, and he actually bought the car in NY
Money Grab I guess, I read it backwards so my answer was off. Oh well ?‍♀

oleosmirf

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I have been scouring New Jersey for a Mach E as well. Barely any premiums so select it is.

My preferred model is the Select RWD in White with Comfort/Tech package, but the dealer in Union wants a 3K markup for it (only one in stock). I have been pleasantly surprised to find a few dealers in Central Jersey without a markup. There is far better selection in AWD, even though I am happy to give up the extra torque and AWD for slightly better range a few grand in my pocket.

My soon-to-be expiring lease has about 2500K in lease equity so I am getting significanlty lower that the 5000K down 600 per month Ford Options plan that appears to be the standard price w/o a markup.

Got the dealer to bring the total selling price down to ~$44,000 after the $4600 rebates. Hopefully they don't stick me with a bunch of last second fees. Hopefully getting this tonight.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have been scouring New Jersey for a Mach E as well. Barely any premiums so select it is.

My preferred model is the Select RWD in White with Comfort/Tech package, but the dealer in Union wants a 3K markup for it (only one in stock). I have been pleasantly surprised to find a few dealers in Central Jersey without a markup. There is far better selection in AWD, even though I am happy to give up the extra torque and AWD for slightly better range a few grand in my pocket.

My soon-to-be expiring lease has about 2500K in lease equity so I am getting significanlty lower that the 5000K down 600 per month Ford Options plan that appears to be the standard price w/o a markup.

Got the dealer to bring the total selling price down to ~$44,000 after the $4600 rebates. Hopefully they don't stick me with a bunch of last second fees. Hopefully getting this tonight.
Congrats and welcome to the club.

They will try to sell you as much as they can, VIN etching, RIM / Tire protection, extended warranty, annual service contract... the list goes on.

Just say no!

Which dealer did you end up at?

OP
OP

Machine-E

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD select
Country flag

Congrats and welcome to the club .

OP
OP

Machine-E

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD select
Country flag
If they really are charging $2500 over MSRP for the base select, then it really doesn't seem worth it to me to get $3000 more in incentives. I'd rather have the tech package, AWD, etc.
You would still get your $5000 NJ rebate. The 2000 markup is not included as Msrp but in the lease. In my case I did the Ford options and that took care of the markup.

OP
OP

Machine-E

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD select
Country flag

Do ensure your NJ rebate is knocked off the final price. It’s a point of sale rebate.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You would still get your $5000 NJ rebate. The 2000 markup is not included as Msrp but in the lease. In my case I did the Ford options and that took care of the markup.
You get a $5000 check but you paid $2000 more plus interest. In mathematical terms that is a less than $3000 net; as I mentioned I would rather NOT pay markup and get more for my $2500 like the tech package or AWD

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Do ensure your NJ rebate is knocked off the final price. It’s a point of sale rebate.
Heh, yep. CA has a Point of Sale rebate too. When I asked the first dealer about it, they said that I'd have to take care of all the paperwork and filing AFTER the sale was done. When I asked how in heck I was supposed to take care of a PoS rebate that the state gives to the dealer, they told me "that's how we do it." Yeah, right. They get my money and the State's money. No, thank you.

oleosmirf

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Congrats and welcome to the club.

They will try to sell you as much as they can, VIN etching, RIM / Tire protection, extended warranty, annual service contract... the list goes on.

Just say no!

Which dealer did you end up at?
DCH
Congrats and welcome to the club .
thanks man. I’m amazed at the deal I got. No markup, huge trade payoff. This “lease” is going to cost me under $14,000 after all is said and done

OP
OP

Machine-E

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD select
Country flag
DCH

thanks man. I’m amazed at the deal I got. No markup, huge trade payoff. This “lease” is going to cost me under $14,000 after all is said and done
Great deal man. Happy for you. Enjoy the new car!!?

OP
OP

Machine-E

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD select
Country flag
Heh, yep. CA has a Point of Sale rebate too. When I asked the first dealer about it, they said that I'd have to take care of all the paperwork and filing AFTER the sale was done. When I asked how in heck I was supposed to take care of a PoS rebate that the state gives to the dealer, they told me "that's how we do it." Yeah, right. They get my money and the State's money. No, thank you.
Same thing happened to me at one of the NJ dealer. Either they honestly are not aware of how this new rebate works or trying to rip off people.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Same thing happened to me at one of the NJ dealer. Either they honestly are not aware of how this new rebate works or trying to rip off people.
Seeing as the first dealer has sold a lot of Energis, hybrids and C-max Electrics, I think I know under which category they fall.
Sponsored