From the manual:
Puddle Lamps
The puddle lamps turn on when you
approach your vehicle with a remote
control or phone. If your vehicle has
auto-folding mirrors, the puddle lamps are
only on if the mirrors are folded and turn
off when the mirrors unfold.

Try folding the mirrors and looking to see where the puddle lights are located. If anyone will be there after dark, try the puddle lights.
I asked this one at Gosch ford Escondido @ Escondido California
They didn’t know as the prototype at display didn’t have this function activated
Sponsored

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Use this to find an appropriate sound to put on a USB flash drive, and play it whenever you'd like on Sync 4a, very loud. ?

mustang v8 sound - Bing
Only problem is I expected this. I love the serenity of an EV. The quiet understated knowledge of knowing I can beat most anything off the line. And I can enjoy that while listening to (hearing) my own soundtrack.

Which brings up a point most people don't realize. An EV is not just about 0-60. A seldom quoted spec is the rate of moving from cruising speed to passing speed in an EV. In reality most EV's are in SuperCar category here because there's no downshift, no RPM rev's, no drama. I'll never forget when I wasted (or at least denied) an Audi S8 at highway speed in my Chevy Bolt because he thought he was going to cut me off and pass from the right lane :p. Instant torque and acceleration doesn't just happen at the line in an EV.

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Had a chance to see the Mach E again today and here are some pictures to answer some questions.

Puddle lights - when the side mirrors close - the puddle lights are not covered in anyway. The puddle lights are placed closer to the vehicle if you will , behind the camera on the underside of the mirror.

The pictures show the side mirror on the driver side in closed position. what you are seeing is the camera in the first picture - the puddle light is behind the camera.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Questions for those going to the Road Tours thumbnail_IMG_0676

Ford Mustang Mach-E Questions for those going to the Road Tours thumbnail_IMG_0680
Ford Mustang Mach-E Questions for those going to the Road Tours thumbnail_IMG_0677

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Has anyone plugged a obd-2 reader (like Carista) into the MME? It would be interesting to see what is settable there?

Often you can change things like how many times the blinkers link before going off (3 or 5), autolock or unlock settings, how long the lights or radio stay on after you turn the car off.

I'm glad a lot of settings are settable on the tablet. But curious what obd-2 can adjust.

I don't even know if obd-2 would be readable yet, or do the device manufacturers need specs from Ford first?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Forward seat recline of front seat-

As @ChasingCoral mentioned in previous post - the forward incline of the front passenger seat is limited - it will move forward but the back rest does not incline forward anymore than vertical. The picture below shows the passenger seat in maximum forward position and maximum front incline - as you can see it is like a wall preventing anything from back to be placed over that location.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Questions for those going to the Road Tours thumbnail_IMG_0672

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Forward seat recline of front seat-

As @ChasingCoral mentioned in previous post - the forward incline of the front passenger seat is limited - it will move forward but the back rest does not incline forward anymore than vertical. The picture below shows the passenger seat in maximum forward position and maximum front incline - as you can see it is like a wall preventing anything from back to be placed over that location.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Questions for those going to the Road Tours thumbnail_IMG_0672
Thanks. I’d checked it out and then forgot to take the picture.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Recline of front seat -

Reclined position of the front seat is pretty good - its not flat but reclines enough for some one to take a nap if they want to.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Questions for those going to the Road Tours thumbnail_IMG_0674

Ford Mustang Mach-E Questions for those going to the Road Tours thumbnail_IMG_0675

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Recline of front seat -

Reclined position of the front seat is pretty good - its not flat but reclines enough for some one to take a nap if they want to.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Questions for those going to the Road Tours thumbnail_IMG_0675

Agreed, although I found that lower back support James into me too much at full recline. Maybe I just needed to slide down in the seat farther.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Agreed, although I found that lower back support James into me too much at full recline. Maybe I just needed to slide down in the seat farther.
Lol - I am not the one to recline that far and nap - I have back issues and not comfortable in reclined seats. So not an issue for me as much as I dont recline but yeah on long trips my family members do do that.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had a chance to see the Mach E again today and here are some pictures to answer some questions.

Puddle lights - when the side mirrors close - the puddle lights are not covered in anyway. The puddle lights are placed closer to the vehicle if you will , behind the camera on the underside of the mirror.

The pictures show the side mirror on the driver side in closed position. what you are seeing is the camera in the first picture - the puddle light is behind the camera.

Did they only operate in the folded position?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Did they only operate in the folded position?
It’s as described in the manual ... I could not test it actually in different conditions as it was not dark yet and the Rep would not let me lock the car per se ... he did not even want me to open snd close the mirrors ... was not happy I did that... he was like this is preproduction can break and need this all working through the road tour...

the rep said they only turn on when dark ( it was not dark when I was there) but he was not sure if they come on any time all lights are turned on manually . So could not test in different mirror positions.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s as described in the manual ... I could not test it actually in different conditions as it was not dark yet and the Rep would not let me lock the car per se ... he did not even want me to open snd close the mirrors ... was not happy I did that... he was like this is preproduction can break and need this all working through the road tour...

the rep said they only turn on when dark ( it was not dark when I was there) but he was not sure if they come on any time all lights are turned on manually . So could not test in different mirror positions.
Thanks. In my experience “dark” means the lights are on. As you said, the manual language is pretty specific and what initially caught my eye. I guess we kind of have to get more info on the folding mirror behavior.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Recline of front seat -

That's a lot of recline. That's good since it doesn't go forward very far. If transporting something long, it might fit over the reclined passenger seat.

Get a little extra space if that headrest can come off too.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Thanks. In my experience “dark” means the lights are on. As you said, the manual language is pretty specific and what initially caught my eye. I guess we kind of have to get more info on the folding mirror behavior.
If the sensor is on the dash under the windshield like a lot of cars, you can just put a few sheets of paper over it to simulate night.

I know when I put my sunscreen in my windshield in summer, the auto headlights come on.
Sponsored