Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E premium
Occupation
retired detective
Country flag
I'm trying to find out when my Mach-e will be released from Laurel Rail Yard to the dealership. The Ford order tracking said it's been delivered to the dealership as of Oct. 21, but they do not have it on their lot. They cannot give me any info other than Ford put a quality control hold on it with no info as to why or anticipated release date. Production date was 9/11 & was shipped from Cuautitan on 9/14. I have not found any recalls that include that production date (even the most recent windshield adhesion issue). Granted, I really am looking forward to the car, but I need to travel over 3,000 miles to get it & would rather not do so in the dead of winter or have the car sitting there through winter. It is currently at the Laurel Rail Yard in Billings, MT. If it's related to a recall or repair issue, wouldn't it be done at the dealership & not the rail yard. I would appreciate any insight into this. If I order a $5 item from Amazon, they sure keep me updated as to it's whereabouts. Talking with sales manager offered no insight. Original sales person no longer at dealership, so no longer getting customer service. Most info I ended up finding on my own.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Now you got me nervous. Mine has been at the Enola rail yard north of Harrisburg PA for 3 days now. Arg.

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Mine finally made to to Pt. Wilmington DE where it needs to get on a truck to go the final 100 miles to my dealer. However, the dealer told me it could be weeks until they find enough vehicles to load up a truck.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Mine finally made to to Pt. Wilmington DE where it needs to get on a truck to go the final 100 miles to my dealer. However, the dealer told me it could be weeks until they find enough vehicles to load up a truck.
It sucks we can't go collect vehicles from Wilmington. It's about 3 hours away :p

Blusteed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Mustang GT Vert PP1, '21 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer told me today that my GT was in Wilmington too; he expects it here in NY by early next week. Hope he's right...

OP
OP
MissyBenita

MissyBenita

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E premium
Occupation
retired detective
Country flag
I'm wondering if there's been a quality control hold on your MME? Is it just the Premium edition? Still no word about the status even after sales manager checked the VVR. It seems that none of the other surrounding dealers have their orders actually delivered although their website inventory said "Just Arrived". Checked Oregon dealers - only found 2 actually on the lot. None in Montana.
Sales manager even said they drove to Laurel (120 mi.) & car would not be released.

PalsApp last post was that it was delivered on 9/27 in Kansas City/Argentine ramp. No tracking after that, but Ford said it was delivered as of 10/21. Last known location is Laurel, MT rail yard in Billings.

Hope someone posts something when there is some movement or explanation.

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
I’m hearing quality control might be code lingo for damaged while shipping or stop sale for recall.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I'm curious as to how many vehicles are still sitting in Wilmington, i'll drive by there this weekend and snap a few pics,

Tony

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Mine has been sitting there too since the 27th

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'm curious as to how many vehicles are still sitting in Wilmington, i'll drive by there this weekend and snap a few pics,

Tony
If you see an Orange GTPE wave to it. I can’t bear to think how lonely my car is sitting out there

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Mine has been sitting there too since the 27th
Probably waiting for mine to show up haha.

My MME departed MO on Monday, heading to Wilmington. Final Delivery in Loudoun County.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Probably waiting for mine to show up haha.

My MME departed MO on Monday, heading to Wilmington. Final Delivery in Loudoun County.
Could be. I’m right above you in Clarke county. From MO, mine went to Decatur, IL, then Conway, PA then Edgemoor, DE and finally sat in Port Wilmington. It left KC on the 8th of Oct.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Could be. I’m right above you in Clarke county. From MO, mine went to Decatur, IL, then Conway, PA then Edgemoor, DE and finally sat in Port Wilmington. It left KC on the 8th of Oct.
Ironically that's where we're looking to buy another lot. Trying to get something just inside Clarke from Loudoun for lower taxes. Have been eyeing the Bluemont area in Clarke.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ironically that's where we're looking to buy another lot. Trying to get something just inside Clarke from Loudoun for lower taxes. Have been eyeing the Bluemont area in Clarke.
Bluemont is really nice. We're just down the other side of the hill in Berryville

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Bluemont is really nice. We're just down the other side of the hill in Berryville
Oh sweet - you're pretty close.

I've seen a few members on here in the Fairfax/Loudoun area and thought it would be could to organize a meetup in early spring, once everyone has received their long-awaited orders.
Sponsored