sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I am a car enthusiast. However, losing .5 seconds for a car that is already adequately quick for me is not a factor in my car enthusiasm. I suspect there are others who find factors other than just 0-60 time to be very important to their enthusiasm level.
It varies. I'm also a car enthusiast, and $2000 would very much be worth the 0.5 increased 0-60. It'd be like bolting on a supercharger and tune, though without the satisfaction of having installed it. However, $2000 is much cheaper than installing a blower.
To each their own!
Sponsored

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Cool, that's your view. I don't judge anyone here for their choices. My money, I can do as I please. Keep it on topic, this isn't about the acceleration upgrade.
I'm curious, are you trading for a Mach-E? If so, what's driving your interest over your relatively new MY?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
What about a small fee for 24 hrs of performance when you want to have some fun? I’m guessing that we are getting what’s available, can’t get to GT with that small front motor, but mabye some untame time for a smaller fee.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My problem with it is its nickel and diming the consumer. Kids video games, phones, upgrades small ones that should have come with the product. Now the consumer is getting milked for more and more.
You pretty much described the whole car sales industry and the options check boxes.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm curious, are you trading for a Mach-E? If so, what's driving your interest over your relatively new MY?
I read up on other car tech. Plus, the MEE was in the list of cars I was interested in but range, efficiency, and the Tesla supercharger network in my area made me decide on a Tesla. I didn't have to register to read but I saw someone posting wrong info (and that same person person continues to post bad info) so I chimed in.

I had no issues posting here up until this thread. Probably not worth sticking around if this is an indication of the community.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My problem with it is its nickel and diming the consumer. Kids video games, phones, upgrades small ones that should have come with the product. Now the consumer is getting milked for more and more.
While I tend to agree, the flip side of that means jacking up the initial purchase price to pre-pay for all those later upgrades.

The most obvious example of that is in airfares. People often complain about baggage fees, and seat selection fees, etc., but the alternative is pre-paying for all that in the initial fare whether you use it or not. Which means people that DON'T check a bag are overpaying. Unbundling and charging ad hoc for optional extras means lower base fares, which allows people to fly that higher base fares would price out of the market.

But too much nickel and diming just gets really annoying, and can add cost to administer. So it's a tricky balancing act.

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
... I didn't have to register to read but I saw someone posting wrong info (and that same person person continues to post bad info) so I chimed in.

I had no issues posting here up until this thread. Probably not worth sticking around if this is an indication of the community.
It does amaze me how much emotion is on display in this forum. Maybe that's a good sign as the MME is creating new passion for a BEV and is likely converting some more ICE users.

I would say there is a sizable population that has been interested in a BEV for some time but is just not interested in a Tesla (or any other current offering) for any of many reasons.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I read up on other car tech. Plus, the MEE was in the list of cars I was interested in but range, efficiency, and the Tesla supercharger network in my area. I didn't have to register to read but I saw someone posting wrong info (and that same person person continues to post bad info) so I chimed in.

Please don't feel that way. Honest dialog is welcome.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I would say there is a sizable population that has been interested in a BEV for some time but is just not interested in a Tesla (or any other current offering) for any of many reasons.
This is very true. I've been obsessed with gas mileage for years, and I've even kept a spreadsheet of my MPG for every tank of gas since 2010 lolol

Since the Model S came out I've been wanting to have an electric car, and would have for my last purchase in 2016 if I had a garage instead of living in a flat in SF. Went with the Energi as a proof of concept to see what it would be like with nothing but some L2 Chargepoint chargers within a mile radius of my place. Turns out I'm very willing to walk a little farther to the office or meetings or social engagements just to charge up - so BEV here I come ?

Honestly, one major reason I'm waiting impatiently to get a Mach E (and an eventual ID4 for my wife when they're available) instead of a Tesla Y right now, is because Tesla doesn't really need my help. Even though my purchase in the end doesn't make a blip on the radar for Ford or VW, I just want to do my part to make sure that the big boys stay committed to new and unique BEVs in the UNITED STATES, as opposed to just compliance vehicles until the last minute.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
My spouse thinks that's one of the best things about a BEV or plug-in, I've stopped doing that.

This is very true. I've been obsessed with gas mileage for years, and I've even kept a spreadsheet of my MPG for every tank of gas since 2010 lolol
Sponsored