buzznwood

Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & rs
Country flag
Are EU vehicles always spec'd with summer tires? Do dealers swap out the tires depending on the season the car is being sold in? Genuinely curious and have no clue.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Turanza+T005
In some EU countries you have to legally run winter tires during the winter months so people have a different set of wheels with winter tires, however even in places where you do not it is quite typical for a EU vehicle to be sold with summer tires.

Naturally it all depends on your driving style, but in parts of the world where your typical drive is down narrow twisty country lanes at 50-60 mph where nobody slows downs for corners you want some good tires.

Thankfully both my focus ST & RS came with summer tires as standard, but prior vehicles I have purchased over here all had all season and they where the first things I had to change as they where useless soft walled H-spec rubbish that would end up with you rolling on the side walls during cornering.

Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroën Berlingo 2009
Country flag
In Norway winter tyres are from october 15th to april 15th. A set of winter rims and tyres is typically a price negociation thing or a promotion campaign bargain when you buy a car

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
"Summer" tires will be a $250 option in the US as well. Great for those who run 2 sets of tires or live in the south (or HI).
48B85875-C8E8-437A-85B5-BB5DA2DA401B.jpeg

Kamuelaflyer

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, Premium, infinite Blue. ER AWD
Country flag
Cool. Another reason to call my dealer.

Wait I live in upcountry. It gets down to the 40's in the dead of winter .. when there's snow on Maunakea. :p

Ciero

First Name
K
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Edition ordered, Explorer Sport, Edge Limited
Country flag
I didn't see this image posted yet. The color looks a bit different in the bright sun.

118614563_667098924165423_8976972081855387609_n.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement