Really MME is so bad or something wrong with Forum?

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag

MazzMayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer, Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I agree with you 100%. Forum members are great, Ford's CS has been good, and service advisor...... Sigh~~~

Out-of-service for 34 days and counting, my MME has HVBJB and other battery issues as well. Thus, Ford will send an engineer to my local dealer to help fix my car. No idea when that will be, though.

Out of curiosity, since we are in the same boat, did your Ford CS suggest you initiate the buyback process? Mine did, which got me a bit surprised, especially because that happened on the 18th day after my MME problem.
They didn't, I am reaching out to them and will continue to after service is complete. Between PE "performance" limitation and the problems getting issues resolved quickly I'm wary of long term ownership.

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am driving my Mach-E since June 21 and no issues so far.

HSVMWCS

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
They didn't, I am reaching out to them and will continue to after service is complete. Between PE "performance" limitation and the problems getting issues resolved quickly I'm wary of long term ownership.
On September 24, I went to the local Lincoln dealer to check the new Corsair. Its sales manager used a system (OASIS?) to check my MME's status. The good news was..... my MME did not have a common HVBJB problem. The bad news was.... my MME did have a battery voltage issue that required testing and replacements, in addition to 12 other problems. In other words, my MME had 13 errors or exclamation marks to be checked or repaired.

While Lincoln's sales manager believed Ford probably would not offer something nice to buyback this lemon car, he still suggested initiating the buyback process, because there might be some incentives or rebates to purchase a Ford or Lincoln. Accordingly, I requested Ford to offer me options on September 27. I was notified on October 5 that my buyback request had been approved. Someone from the buyback team would contact me for options.

Ford sent a field engineer to Huntsville to help fix/oversee the process. My MME was "opened" on September 27. As of October 6, the process was about 50% completed and probably would be completed in mid-October.

Since August 16, I have wished I could wake up from this nightmare as soon as possible; instead, this nightmare just kept going on and on. By the time I know what Ford offers, I will decide if getting a Corsair 2023 or a Lexus NX350h..... let's wait and see ^^

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
On September 24, I went to the local Lincoln dealer to check the new Corsair. Its sales manager used a system (OASIS?) to check my MME's status. The good news was..... my MME did not have a common HVBJB problem. The bad news was.... my MME did have a battery voltage issue that required testing and replacements, in addition to 12 other problems. In other words, my MME had 13 errors or exclamation marks to be checked or repaired.

While Lincoln's sales manager believed Ford probably would not offer something nice to buyback this lemon car, he still suggested initiating the buyback process, because there might be some incentives or rebates to purchase a Ford or Lincoln. Accordingly, I requested Ford to offer me options on September 27. I was notified on October 5 that my buyback request had been approved. Someone from the buyback team would contact me for options.

Ford sent a field engineer to Huntsville to help fix/oversee the process. My MME was "opened" on September 27. As of October 6, the process was about 50% completed and probably would be completed in mid-October.

Since August 16, I have wished I could wake up from this nightmare as soon as possible; instead, this nightmare just kept going on and on. By the time I know what Ford offers, I will decide if getting a Corsair 2023 or a Lexus NX350h..... let's wait and see ^^
I question the analysis your dealer did. I assume they read the DTC codes from the car and used that as evidence that your car has lots of problems. It just seems very strange to me because I read my codes and I had about 30 and none of them meant anything. I cleared them out.

A battery voltage issue, whatever that is, probably just means you need a new battery. Or your battery needs to be reconditioned. It is very easily fixed.

Is the dealership motivated to get you out of your MME and into a new car? It seems like that might be a good way to increase new car sales.

Maybe I am just cynical, but it definitely seems fishy to me.

HSVMWCS

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I question the analysis your dealer did. I assume they read the DTC codes from the car and used that as evidence that your car has lots of problems. It just seems very strange to me because I read my codes and I had about 30 and none of them meant anything. I cleared them out.

A battery voltage issue, whatever that is, probably just means you need a new battery. Or your battery needs to be reconditioned. It is very easily fixed.

Is the dealership motivated to get you out of your MME and into a new car? It seems like that might be a good way to increase new car sales.

Maybe I am just cynical, but it definitely seems fishy to me.
After pulling my records out, the salesperson of my local Lincoln dealer did tell me most error codes seemed minor, while the battery one might be bigger. Just like you, I also noticed their eagerness to sell me a Corsair 2023, which did not surprise me much. I placed an order simply because no deposit or commitment was required.

I have had very unpleasant relationships with my Ford dealer for a while, especially after I reported their wrongdoings to the corporate twice this year. I will be selling my MME, 90% because of Ford’s failure to manage its dealers. Unless Ford offers me amazing options, I will get a Lexus NX350h and say goodbye to Ford and Lincoln forever. I don’t wanna get retaliated or threatened by a car dealership again.
Sponsored