Recycle mode air conditioning system

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Be careful opening the filter housing... I snapped off the left tab because the door was so jammed shut. Thankfully, the wires on top that spill a bit over onto the housing seem to still keep the door securely shut. I tried tapping it, etc. and it doesn't seem like it'll make a rattle, such a bummer!!
Sponsored

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
After buying a CO2 level monitor for my house, I wouldnā€™t suggest leaving recirc on for hours at a time in a small cAr cabin. The levels can get quite high faster than you would think.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Kind of a weird question but is there air intake near the windshield wipers? every time I use the windshield sprayers I can smell the wiper liquid through the AC if recirc isnā€™t on

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
After buying a CO2 level monitor for my house, I wouldnā€™t suggest leaving recirc on for hours at a time in a small cAr cabin. The levels can get quite high faster than you would think.
How much did you measure in a MachE? Was it above 10,000 ppm?

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
How much did you measure in a MachE? Was it above 10,000 ppm?
I havenā€™t measured in the car, only my house. I donā€™t expect it would get high in the Mach E because recirculate turns off after 30 minutes or so.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I havenā€™t measured in the car, only my house. I donā€™t expect it would get high in the Mach E because recirculate turns off after 30 minutes or so.
30 minutes would be great, mine turns off after about 3 minutes. I get about 800 ppm in the house, what do you get?

I do not let in outside air in any of my cars over the last 50 years, except for mountain driving where the air is actually pretty nice.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
30 minutes would be great, mine turns off after about 3 minutes. I get about 800 ppm in the house, what do you get?

I do not let in outside air in any of my cars over the last 50 years, except for mountain driving where the air is actually pretty nice.
Usually the house is between 600-800 but itā€™s gotten over 1200 before, probably from our gas stove.

I havenā€™t actually seen how long the MME recirc lasts, so I believe you. I just know it isnt very long.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Usually the house is between 600-800 but itā€™s gotten over 1200 before, probably from our gas stove.

I havenā€™t actually seen how long the MME recirc lasts, so I believe you. I just know it isnt very long.
Makes sense @RidetheLightning. Thanks for your information.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Is there a method to keep system in "recycle mode". Drive on highway, I smell co2 fumes and change to recycle but I would like to stay in recycle100% of time.

05reinvent
As youā€™ve discovered, Ford got too ā€œcleverā€ for their own good with the constantly kicking out of Recirc. BS. Smelling GD diesel trucks all of a sudden is the worst. Iā€™m sorry, I can control defrost settings etc in order to mitigate interior fogging.

And here in TX or anywhere hot you always run recirculate in the summer when itā€™s 90-105F outside because itā€™s more effective for cooling.

Just a bad decision by Ford.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Every time this question comes up, I recommend this instead of continually futzing with the recirculate button:

https://pureflowair.com/collections...ford-mustang-mach-e-cabin-air-filter-pc99542x

Itā€™s inexpensive, and it works fantastically well for removing the majority of smells from the outside air brought in. Short of being really near a run-down skunk, this has taken out virtually every smell from the air system.
This thread deserves a bump because this filter is absolutely amazing. I now couldn't care less that recalculation doesn't stay on in the MME. My stinky commute is now 100% smell free. The only instance that I've been able to smell anything was when a bro-dozer decided to roll a crap ton of coal in front of me. This was definitely one of
Sponsored