Remember when the Instrument Cluster was supposed to react when you turned in Unbridled mode?

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I know, that’s not what I was referencing. I was talking about the graphic sliding from side to side as you turn.
I bet it would be distracting because the latency would be too high between the steering input and the animations.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Just saw an interesting commercial for the Mach-E that revives the never released G Force animation in Unbridled mode. I wonder if that was just advertising, or is it coming back?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Remember when the Instrument Cluster was supposed to react when you turned in Unbridled mode? CB44F642-B507-4EA7-BD75-DCBC3F41DFD1

Full commercial:

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Possibly they found that drivers were riveted to the display rather than the road.
Exactly. It sounds like a feature designed to draw your attention to it, which is exactly what you don't want.

People sometimes become myopic regarding the potential negative consequences of their "great" idea. Hopefully, someone with some distance from the project points them out before they are implemented, perhaps like this feature, and sometimes they become apparent only after it's too late, e.g., Social Media.
Sponsored