Remember when the Instrument Cluster was supposed to react when you turned in Unbridled mode?

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did not know that, great catch. Wonder why it wasn’t implemented.
I’m guessing either it didn’t reliably work, or someone found it distracting. I’m glad they kept the speed animation at least.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yes I remember this... I mostly drive in Whisper mode, which also has subtle feedback to acceleration/deceleration changes. I like it.

I haven't been able to see the lateral force feedback in Whisper. I first saw it described in an August 2020 post from one of MME's engineers. I've been trying to see it in my MME ever since but figured that I simply can't because I'm focused on driving... I think you're right though, that it was removed in the final production release before we got to drive with it.

The video quality is terrible, but here was Robert's text description:

The dynamic waves of Whisper drive experience. They are driven by lateral(y) and longitudinal(x) acceleration and ground speed. The color will enhance if you cruise consistently. #mache #mustangmache #electricsuv #fastfunfreedom #newjoyofdriving​

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes I remember this... I mostly drive in Whisper mode, which also has subtle feedback to acceleration/deceleration changes. I like it.

I haven't been able to see the lateral force feedback in Whisper. I first saw it described in an August 2020 post from one of MME's engineers. I've been trying to see it in my MME ever since but figured that I simply can't because I'm focused on driving... I think you're right though, that it was removed in the final production release before we got to drive with it.

The video quality is terrible, but here was Robert's text description:

The dynamic waves of Whisper drive experience. They are driven by lateral(y) and longitudinal(x) acceleration and ground speed. The color will enhance if you cruise consistently. #mache #mustangmache #electricsuv #fastfunfreedom #newjoyofdriving​
Interesting that they planned for it to happen in whisper mode too. I wonder why it was scrapped before production.

hprose

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250 and a Mach-e on order
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
That unbridled animation looks better than the one they ended with at the top corners. They could ditch the steering reaction and blend the two designs- don't think it would be too distracting.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I feel like, at one point, you did get these animations by turning off all the BC/Lane Centering/etc stuff? It's been so long since I tried, but I remember my IC showing these animations shortly after delivery before I had turned on any of the driving aids (which cause the IC to show the car with lines/bubbles/etc).

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That unbridled animation looks better than the one they ended with at the top corners
I feel like, at one point, you did get these animations by turning off all the BC/Lane Centering/etc stuff?
The animation in the video exists in our cars currently (minus the steering animation). It shows up when you have all driver aids turned off. That is how I drove primarily because I love that animation. I only turn drivers aids on when I get on the highway.

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Remember when the Instrument Cluster was supposed to react when you turned in Unbridled mode? image
You have to turn lane centering off, and under pre collision assist turn off the distance indication. Then the speedo goes back to the middle. I’m in my garage so I don’t know about the animation part yet.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Remember when the Instrument Cluster was supposed to react when you turned in Unbridled mode? image
You have to turn lane centering off, and under pre collision assist turn off the distance indication. Then the speedo goes back to the middle. I’m in my garage so I don’t know about the animation part yet.
I know, that’s not what I was referencing. I was talking about the graphic sliding from side to side as you turn.

SDKyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT Performance
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag

SDKyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT Performance
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
All Mach-Es have driving speed and acceleration feedback. Are you saying yours has transverse/steering force feedback, also?
I was just talking about the acceleration feedback. I haven't noted the steering force feedback (too busy looking at the road to know).

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was just talking about the acceleration feedback. I haven't noted the steering force feedback (too busy looking at the road to know).
Ya everyone has the speed graphics. I was referring to the turning animations. No one has those.
Sponsored