Remoted controlled parking

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
There is intelligent parking assist for perpendicular and parallel parking but no remote. A simple video below. There are other more detailed videos showing the various steps available.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
Does someone know if this feature will be with the Mach e? Or in the near future?

No and I hope it never does. I think it's totally irresponsible to have a car moving on a public road without a driver at the wheel to intervene, except in cases of full SAE level 4 and 5 autonomous vehicles.

I.Adams

First Name
Ingo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo 2.0l 145HP
Occupation
Managing Design Engineer & IWI
Country flag
Be honest? This is a bad function. An I hope that this will not be spread. There are two reasons why this function might can produce stress and problems.
1. Look at this video. Realise in which directions the cars next to the parking are standing. If one or both of them might stand in another direction non of them is able to enter their cars. In this case you'll get into interesting situations and you'll have one or two new friends ?.

2. Here in Germany and in many other European countries parking gaps are not so big as in the USA because SUVs like F150... doesn't exist here. And in the past our cars were not as big as they brecome in the last 10 years.

At least it is better to search a place where you can park without getting in to trouble don't you? ?

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Does someone know if this feature will be with the Mach e? Or in the near future?

Hyundai had it for a couple months, then recalled every vehicle since they just randomly crashed into things when trying to park. Nice Super Bowl commercial, though.

OP
OP
Luffie

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
Be honest? This is a bad function. An I hope that this will not be spread. There are two reasons why this function might can produce stress and problems.
1. Look at this video. Realise in which directions the cars next to the parking are standing. If one or both of them might stand in another direction non of them is able to enter their cars. In this case you'll get into interesting situations and you'll have one or two new friends ?.
Actually yesterday I was one of those so-called 'new friends' :eek::oops:
Couldn't enter my car decently...

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Hyundai had it for a couple months, then recalled every vehicle since they just randomly crashed into things when trying to park. Nice Super Bowl commercial, though.
Interesting. Happen to have a news article, I'd like to read up on the details.

I just used the parallel self-park in my C-Max which is old. It works, but it slow and I don't feel comfortable using it if someone is following behind me.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
you mean when trying to pahk