BATTERIESRIT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry
Country flag
Wondering how long the tires will last on my forthcoming Mach-E...

I would certainly hate to put $750- $1,000 in new tires on the Mach-E say 6 months before my 36 month or 48 month Plan expired.

I have not seen any discussion on this. Of course, if I walk away from the car, there is a $475 fee and I would hate to have purchased expensive tires some time earlier because at that point I felt I would be keeping the car after the Plan expired.

Will there be a secondary market develop where one can swap out tires and rims to someone who is keeping their vehicle. This assumes both the tires and rims meet Ford’s Normal Wear and Use Criteria.
Sponsored

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
No one knows exactly yet but EVs in general have a reputation for wearing tires fast due to the weight and torqueyness.

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Agreed this is a potential concern, but I've had similar issues with past 3 year leases on vehicles...I decided I can either baby the car for 3 years and never do anything fun in it, hoping I don't have to replace the tires before I turn it in, or just have fun with it and replace them 18-20 months in and enjoy myself the whole 3 years. I'm choosing the latter just to not stress about it...also see that new thread about the new Pilot EV tires which look pretty cool. Thinking maybe I'll get those when I wear out the OEMs so it'll give me a reason to want to get new ones anyway. This way I won't have just replaced the tires 3 months before turning in the car, I'll get a good run out of 2 sets before I hand it back.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
You can usually find used tires on eBay...just put those on before you return the car.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

I would certainly hate to put $750- $1,000 in new tires on the Mach-E say 6 months before my 36 month or 48 month Plan expired.

I have not seen any discussion on this. Of course, if I walk away from the car, there is a $475 fee and I would hate to have purchased expensive tires some time earlier because at that point I felt I would be keeping the car after the Plan expired.

Will there be a secondary market develop where one can swap out tires and rims to someone who is keeping their vehicle. This assumes both the tires and rims meet Ford’s Normal Wear and Use Criteria.
The Options is basically a purchase plan so it would be the same as any other car you are buying. When it needs tires then get new ones.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag

Keep the old tires and put them back on before you turn it in. :)

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

:rolleyes:

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag

The way you financed the car has literally nothing to do with the tires. If you wear them out, replace them. If you are planning on selling the car soon then don't.

No, there will not be a "secondary market" developing where people are trading the wheels and tires off their cars they're about to trade back in, other than the randos on Facebook groups
Sponsored