Reservation-to-Order Questions

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
Questions to those who have converted reservations to orders

1) Did you order as soon as Ford allowed?
2) As a person who reserved very late in the process, were you able to order the same day as those who reserved on launch day?
3) Do you know of someone with a reservation that ordered weeks after being able to order?
4) How long did it take to get your car after ordering it?
Sponsored

tman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
I'd like to add one if I may:
5) Can you order a different model (Select/Route 1/Premium) than your original reservation?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Anyone with a reservation will be able to convert that reservation to an order on or after the date orders open up (Next week). Initially, when you actually convert to an order should not affect your production date. Production dates are based on a huge variety of factors that none of us are privy to. Date of reservation seems to have been one of those factors in the non GT car production but it’s not close to the primary factor. As an example I placed an order in early 2020 for a premium. I still don’t have it (it is built and enroute though).

Changing to other trim lines. At this point I’d seriously doubt you could swap a GT for a premium (etc). If you want to do that, you’d probably need to cancel your reservation and place an order for the other trim line Mach-e.

Keep in mind that those of you with GT reservations should be ahead of anyone who hasn’t yet placed a reservation or who orders after the conversion date. The production order just won’t be in strict reservation order is all.

All the above is just my opinion from hanging around here so much. I’ve been known to be wrong, and if I am again, someone will correct me.

Good luck guys.

Last edited:

tman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Anyone with a reservation will be able to convert that reservation to an order on or after the date orders open up (Next week). Initially, when you actually convert to an order should not affect your production date. Production dates are based on a huge variety of factors that none of us are privy to. Date of reservation seems to have been one of those factors in the non GT car production but it’s not close to the primary factor. As an example I placed an order in early 2020 for a premium. I still don’t have it (it is built and enroute though).

Changing to other trim lines. At this point I’d seriously doubt you could swap a GT for a premium (etc). If you want to do that, you’d probably need to cancel your reservation and place an order for the other trim line Mach-e

Keep in mind that those of you with GT reservations should be ahead of anyone who hasn’t yet placed a reservation or who orders after the conversion date. The production order just won’t be in strict reservation order is all.

All the above is just my opinion from hanging around here so much. I’ve been known to be wrong, and if I am again, someone will correct me.

Good luck guys.
Order of production really can't follow order of reservation. The factory queues up bunches of orders with common configurations - I think primarily based on paint color. The paint booth isn't going to swap out white => red => silver on a car for car basis.

Yeah, I have a GT Reservation but I want to downgrade. Dealership hasn't gotten back to me yet on getting that changed....

Congrats on getting to yours soon @Kamuelaflyer!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Order of production really can't follow order of reservation. The factory queues up bunches of orders with common configurations - I think primarily based on paint color. The paint booth isn't going to swap out white => red => silver on a car for car basis.

Yeah, I have a GT Reservation but I want to downgrade. Dealership hasn't gotten back to me yet on getting that changed....

Congrats on getting to yours soon @Kamuelaflyer!
For the most part correct.

In my case, for example, my car was built in reservation order within the State of Hawaii MME reservations. The state of Hawaii cars in general though were built well after cars reserved later on the mainland. Even the Hawaii reveal day FEs reservations were built reasonably late.

All of which shows that reservation date is important but not the single most important factor.

GTMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GTPE in DMG
Country flag
Do we need to wait for an email to convert or do we log into our Ford account on Wednesday to convert?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Do we need to wait for an email to convert or do we log into our Ford account on Wednesday to convert?
You should get an email but if you find out orders open before then, there's no need to wait for the email. You can just go to your reservations page and convert the reservation to an order.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I have been trying since last Wednesday to convert my reservation from 12/29/2020 to an order without success. I've tried 3 different computers (both Macs and Windows), two different iPads and even my phone. Tried different networks and even just cell. No joy. Just this error. My local (and former dealer) Phil Long is of zero help. Here is the error I still get.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Reservation-to-Order Questions Ford Reservation Error.JPG

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I have been trying since last Wednesday to convert my reservation from 12/29/2020 to an order without success. I've tried 3 different computers (both Macs and Windows), two different iPads and even my phone. Tried different networks and even just cell. No joy. Just this error. My local (and former dealer) Phil Long is of zero help. Here is the error I still get.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Reservation-to-Order Questions Ford Reservation Error.JPG
Call Ford Marketing for help. The 800 number is in other posts here on the forum and in the reservation and order terms and FAQs on Ford's site.

Let us know how it works out.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Call Ford Marketing for help. The 800 number is in other posts here on the forum and in the reservation and order terms and FAQs on Ford's site.

Let us know how it works out.
I've tried, the new dealer has tried. It seems that Ford is a bit lost with software and internet things. Sigh....
Sponsored