*RESOLVED* MADDENING situation with Ford yesterday and today *AFTER* the 22S41 'recall'

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yeah, thus far, I have only had one positive dealership interaction in the Bay Area, that's with Marin Ford.
Sponsored

willowma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER AWD on order
Country flag

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
“In fact, if FORD is simply cutting power [through] the ‘over the air’ software update, recharge times will be much slower and acceleration times will be longer,” the suit contends.”

Hopefully the suit isn’t thrown out from the start because the basis of their argument was wrong. The software fix was a warning and limp mode if the contactor failed, not a limitation of power or recharge time during normal driving/charging.

I have little to no faith in the judicial system though and the $4 check if they won won’t really make a difference to me. I guess I could buy a half of a Starbucks latte from all my class action winnings while my car gets fixed 3 years from now when they have enough parts to run a campaign 😆

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
At least you can vent here without being crucified 😆 I used to hang out on TMC and Tesla's own forum. People who complained about anything including legitimate issues are assumed guilty. Quick example is the model 3 rear bumper flying off. Tesla themselves never participated in their own forums but they did read it, until they decided they didn't wanna hear it any more and shut it down.

At least Ford has a rep here to try to help out, and you can call different dealers and Ford themselves. Good luck trying to talk to anyone at Tesla.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Indeed, the loaner car thing is something that drives me totally crazy. I have to get shuttled off to another business, and then deal with a waiver/voucher thing, and then if I don't want to drive a stripped down economy car, I have to actually front cash (which I did do today, b/c I just didn't feel like driving a Kia Niro or whatever it was they were gonna give me on the voucher). I hate to sound like some conceited doofus, but I worked really hard in my life to be able to buy a car like the MME GT, it wasn't cheap at all, as we all know... and to have it just sitting while I drive a Kia or whatever (and not a Stinger GT, I'd probably be down with that!) drives me bonkers.

And they were so casual and glib about the whole thing too, which just added insult to injury. :(
This reminds me a bit of my collision repair last winter. The body shop received my MME 8am monday before Christmas. Per securialert they didn't touch it until the Thurs afternoon before the 3-day holiday weekend. No updates from them when they had to keep ordering parts. I kept calling for status. I bypassed the insurance loaner downgrade and borrowed GF's car but had to remember how to pump & pay gas for 6 weeks. Then, when repairs were done (I had to call to verify that based on hunch from securialert) they said "we're looking into the glass recalls you initially asked about but don't have an answer for you yet". They didn't even top up the battery for me. Nope... got the car ASAP. The shop somehow even lost my charge port 3D print part and disavowed it... "maybe it came off in the accident"... call Ford. I don't plan on returning there, tho, the service manager was understanding and sent me a check for the charge port part.

Dealerships probably need to get better about this if they want to retain customers and stay in business w/ Ford. Maybe Ford will be dealing with this more as EVs gain more market share. And IMO insurance companies need to adjust, too. My repair need was caused by overnight hit & run to a parked car. I didn't expect an MME loaner due to limited availability but something more than an econo car for 6 weeks would have gone a long way for my satisfaction.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
As mentioned above. Repair and sell. You’ll do fine $$$$ wise. I did it to both my 21’s. Waiting now on a 23 I bet with a Feb order. If you’re still interested in giving the car a chance put an order down in August for a 23. Don’t let a manufactured product destroy any aspect of your quality of life. I saw it starting and ejected.

Jes sayin.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Indeed, the loaner car thing is something that drives me totally crazy. I have to get shuttled off to another business, and then deal with a waiver/voucher thing, and then if I don't want to drive a stripped down economy car, I have to actually front cash (which I did do today, b/c I just didn't feel like driving a Kia Niro or whatever it was they were gonna give me on the voucher). I hate to sound like some conceited doofus, but I worked really hard in my life to be able to buy a car like the MME GT, it wasn't cheap at all, as we all know... and to have it just sitting while I drive a Kia or whatever (and not a Stinger GT, I'd probably be down with that!) drives me bonkers.

And they were so casual and glib about the whole thing too, which just added insult to injury. :(
I hate it that even if you have a base F150 they will let you rent another F150 of any trim. But they classify the MME as a sedan so all you could get is a tiny ass Nissan

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
NGL I lol’d when I read “stealership.”

sorry man sounds like you got a lemon. Hope it gets resolved, a working MME is an amazingly fun car.

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
I was just at WC Ford picking up my car a couple days ago. There were Mach-Es all over the place but the sales guy said they were all new waiting to get picked up after having had the recall done. At one point they had over 80 vehicles on stop sale at their off-site storage.

But the rest of your experience sounds poor.

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
Sorry to hear about yet another issue with the Mach E…Ford was so close to having an amazing car but they have really crapped the bed in a lot of ways. Whenever someone asks about my Mach E, these stories (and the issues I’ve had with both of mine) are what comes to mind first, not all the great aspects. I end up saying “eh, it’s okay, but it’s got a lot of issues. I’d take a look at something else.”
To be fair, most of us are not having these problems and are loving our MMEs (granted, it's real easy for me to say that since I've had zero issues with my car).

It is not surprising that a first-in-class technology like a BEV mustang has significant engineering quirks. The guy who does my car detailing told me his friend has a Porsche Taycan and it's in the shop every other week. Then you have the Chevy Bolt which lights an arc-flash-fireball under your rear-end (actually seen signs banning this car in parking garages due to this issue). Then you have Tesla which has their autopilot driving off the road into convention centers and ambulances. All-in-all, the MME bugs are not as bad as other car manufacturers IMHO.

I'm looking to buy a Lotus Eletre (the specs of that car would be dream for me if it actually works) when it comes out, and my biggest concern is engineering bugs.

If you want reliability and value get a Honda Civic and ride it through 180,000+ miles, but if you want fun get a MME and accept the risks.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I think most dealership service departments are inept. It also depends upon who you get, their mood, your vibe to them, how buys they are, etc. I have had two terrible experiences with Sunnyvale Ford, but Scoopman liked them. I had an OK experience with Capital Ford and Vegstang had a bad one. I did not like my experience buying the car at Morgan Hill Ford, but I am going to try their service department. It all varies.

I think at some point, you are going to get a bad experience at every dealer you go to, if you go to them enough and with issues that the MME seem to have. These are complex cars and I think Ford did a bad job and the dealers selling them too, at getting their mechanics technicians well trained. I think they are used to ICE cars not mobile batteries. ‘’

I also think that consumers are smarter, and we have more information to understand the cars, the problems, and solutions. Thank you, Mach-E forum and the contributors. The dealers are used to grandma who just drives to the dealer to get the car fixed and accepts the dealers BS as truth. We know better since we are better informed. Grandma also used to either sitting at the dealer or having her friend Gladys pick her up and did not care about the car being in the dealer for a week, or two. We expect more (car rentals) and live in an age where not having a car is a major inconvenience. With the MME’s high demand and current shortage of everything, the dealers need weeks and months to fix the car. We are not used to wait time and as noted, is a major pain. We as consumers also expect more reliability and quality, especially for the price.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Walnut Creek.

I've heard good things about Putnam! Everyone says the same thing, "they're small but mighty" essentially!

Thanks for the reply -=]
Oh, no. Putnam has been the worst, crappiest POS dealership in the Bay Area for many decades (my first unfortunate contact with them was in the '80s). 😱🐩

Sorry to hear that you'fe getting the "Service Soon" warning. 😕🐩

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Seriously considering swapping out my problem child for another one once I get all the damage repaired that happened while my dealer had the car in for the HVBJB replacement. Great that I can sell it for an amazing price, not so great that a new one will be so very difficult to obtain. My poor car may be cursed.

Seems like all dealers are hit and miss, Capital was better than Sunnyvale for me, but they just needed more chances to screw it up apparently. I've heard good things about Morgan Hill, but even though these are just cars, and I should get over it, I know that NONE of these dealers will use the care I expect when dealing with my expensive toy.

Just frustrating all around.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
My only experience with service to my Mach E here in rural Georgia was in a tiny Ford dealership that had sold ZERO Mach E's. They are a authorized EV dealership though and actually had two guys trained to service EV's. Mine was the first Mach E they had put their hands on in the wild and they did an excellent job figuring out the updates that they did. They actually thanked ME for bringing in so they could do what they had been trained on. Not sure how they would handle the contact recall but so far no complaints with them. I have been very lucky with no issues to date other than a door rattle that I am delinquent getting resolved.
Sponsored