JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Just got the 22S41 update yesterday OTA (successfully updated), nothing new here except that I already had my update done at the dealership several weeks before.

So remember that week that the Ford Servers had the wrong updates in FDRS for the recall SW module updates?

Yea, well thats when I happened to bring my GT to the dealership (for a door module fix) and I asked them to do the recall SW update (which they did according to them and the record of the work done on my MME)

I was almost sure it had actually not been updated correctly as someone on the forum helped me get the updates pending after the Ford servers were updated correctly and sure enough the updates appeared as pending for my car.

I decided to wait for the OTA hopping the updated would know it was pending even if the recall was cleared on my car.

Now I can confirm that it did detect it missing and was updated OTA.
Sponsored

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
Good info, thanks. My ‘22 had Alexa built in from the factory, yet I received the 3 updates for that OTA recently. Also just received the contactor recall OTA the other day as well. I wonder if their OTA updates just keep rolling out and install on top of whatever is already there.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I suspect the dealer service 22S41 isn't identical to the PowerUp series. The dealer updates are usually module-specific to issues, either DTCs from the car or TSBs, SSMs, etc. Those are all the dealers are reimbursed for. The PowerUps often hit a suite of module updates that are not solving problems, but are various improvements. It has been normal to get a PowerUp for an issue after dealer update for the same issue as this will get the car into a standardized software configuration.
Sponsored