BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I guess the third time is the charm as they say, just received this update today for the third time! I know Ford is recycling update notes but I did notice a softer regen braking (I drive in unbridle 2 pedal) and my healight switch was set to on. Other than that no other changes noticed.
I am still waiting on a fix for the "drive mode unavailable" issue but I have been good for the past few weeks on that

Tony
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Just an observation here that may not even be correct. I never received the recall via OTA but as I looked into the matter I found that various OTA’s I had received had all my modules up to date so there was no need for the recall OTA. not that it matters but I wonder if this OTA overwrites the modules that were updated during the recall so they contain the recall software even though it is not an update and the software people just continue to include that info in their release for some reason. ( reason could be ineptness!)
The OTA will check the module versions before installing. If a dealer installed the updates before the OTA could, then the OTA will fail. This happens occasionally when the vehicle is serviced during the day or two window during which an OTA has downloaded and is waiting to be installed. Otherwise if you’re up to date you won’t even get the OTA.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The OTA will check the module versions before installing. If a dealer installed the updates before the OTA could, then the OTA will fail. This happens occasionally when the vehicle is serviced during the day or two window during which an OTA has downloaded and is waiting to be installed. Otherwise if you’re up to date you won’t even get the OTA.
Maybe what happened to me
Sponsored