Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just received this update today on my Mach-E that was built on 6/16/2022 and had no recalls listed against it.
Sponsored

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Just received the recall update last night. It charged to 100% overnight and appears to be charging to 100 tonight, and my radio this morning was tuned to some random no-signal AM frequency. Didn't appear to lose any other settings (my radio presets are still there).

Also I noticed they moved some frequently used climate control stuff to the home screen which is a welcome change.

Guess I'll reset my charging preferences and locations tomorrow.

TFC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select + Comfort/Tech Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
turn your headlamps off. Update will not run unless headlamps are OFF(no auto. - off)
If you leave them on auto. the headlamps will turn on and stay on and the OTA will not run. Let it sit and take a rest. Initiate it again and it works (remember your reverse braking shuts off and 1P turns off after the update. The reverse braking is on again after you drive it. You have to go in and switch 1P back on)
Thanks for this, tried multiple times to start the update and failed. Worked perfectly after turned the headlamps off. Thank you!

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Just received my Recall update OTA.

kpr711

First Name
Car41
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE Shadow Black
Occupation
Sheep Dog
Country flag
Just got it on the 26th.
car was built in May, I think. I was under the impression cars built after April did not need this update. Any performance changes, issues?

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
Just received notice 22S41 22S29 will be installed at my scheduled time. My car was built on 7/5/2022, post update and no recall.

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got the update several days ago. Car was set to charge to 90% but found out later it charged to 100%. It dropped the one pedal driving setting we had in engage. Also it went to guest profile and now it will not change back to my profile. Unless someone can help me solve the issue, I will probably call Ford.

Maxwells4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select RWD + CTP, IBSM
Country flag
So I just got this update despite having a select RWD built in August 2022 (which I think means I'm not affected by either of these recalls). I suppose this is just because they want to get all the cars onto the same software, but you would think they would make that more clear from the update message?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So I just got this update despite having a select RWD built in August 2022 (which I think means I'm not affected by either of these recalls). I suppose this is just because they want to get all the cars onto the same software, but you would think they would make that more clear from the update message?
What you just got was actually several versions newer than 22S41, Ford just recycled the release notes from last time because the people writing the release notes are idiots. You were never affected by the recall. They should have removed all mention of 22S41 from 4.2.6 but now people will be confused about it.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
What you just got was actually several versions newer than 22S41, Ford just recycled the release notes from last time because the people writing the release notes are idiots. You were never affected by the recall. They should have removed all mention of 22S41 from 4.2.6 but now people will be confused about it.
So this update has nothing to do with contactors?

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Same here - must be just a Rapid Red GT delay issue as that is what I own too!
that’s what I have. It just won’t install. :/

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So this update has nothing to do with contactors?
No, it's more focused on fixing AC charging bugs and also improving braking smoothness from what I've observed.

The contactor derate strategy is the same as before.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, it's more focused on fixing AC charging bugs and also improving braking smoothness from what I've observed.

The contactor derate strategy is the same as before.
Just an observation here that may not even be correct. I never received the recall via OTA but as I looked into the matter I found that various OTA’s I had received had all my modules up to date so there was no need for the recall OTA. not that it matters but I wonder if this OTA overwrites the modules that were updated during the recall so they contain the recall software even though it is not an update and the software people just continue to include that info in their release for some reason. ( reason could be ineptness!)
Sponsored