Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
After running the 22B08 procedure, which took three multi-day visits, Ford determined my APIM had to replaced. Unfortunately, they aren't available and there is no ETA. To make matters worse, my car currently won't shift out of park, and has been at the dealer for over a month. I think this is related to 22S41, which can't be fixed without 22B08 which can't be fixed without an APIM. It's a vicious frustrating circle.
Well that is very unfortunate...and it's too bad they can't get engineering support to help them through sorting out that APIM on site. I can tell you that what will happen is your APIM will go back, get completely wiped, and checked, and go to another car. So it's strange that they can't seem to get these things sorted out at the dealerships.

Mike
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Well that is very unfortunate...and it's too bad they can't get engineering support to help them through sorting out that APIM on site. I can tell you that what will happen is your APIM will go back, get completely wiped, and checked, and go to another car. So it's strange that they can't seem to get these things sorted out at the dealerships.

Mike
I’ve always wondered, if dealers reach out to Ford for engineering support, is there some sort of repercussion? Cost or a metric that gets tanked? Dealers are ALWAYS reluctant to ask corporate, not just Ford. For my MME Premium, it had IPC issues and I kept telling them to just use the hotline! On the 3rd visit, without success, I told them I was over it and they need to get Ford involved. They finally did and 2 field engineers came in and got it fixed in 20 minutes while I waited.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I’ve always wondered, if dealers reach out to Ford for engineering support, is there some sort of repercussion? Cost or a metric that gets tanked? Dealers are ALWAYS reluctant to ask corporate, not just Ford. For my MME Premium, it had IPC issues and I kept telling them to just use the hotline! On the 3rd visit, without success, I told them I was over it and they need to get Ford involved. They finally did and 2 field engineers came in and got it fixed in 20 minutes while I waited.
I know right?

No idea what the reluctance is there. Without knowing why, you kinda think it's not wanting Ford to know you can't handle the problem or something.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
After running the 22B08 procedure, which took three multi-day visits, Ford determined my APIM had to replaced. Unfortunately, they aren't available and there is no ETA. To make matters worse, my car currently won't shift out of park, and has been at the dealer for over a month. I think this is related to 22S41, which can't be fixed without 22B08 which can't be fixed without an APIM. It's a vicious frustrating circle.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 Recall Software - Server Deployment Issue 1663546111683

DV8R

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GL350, Volt
Country flag
Bought Feb 2021. Knew there’d likely be issues with an early build, but didn’t anticipate this much time without my MME. Would be nice to actually be able to drive it and have BlueCruise and OTAs. Other than that, love the car.