22S41 Recall Software - Server Deployment Issue

Duncs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2022
Country flag
I finally recieved the recall letter in the mail. Still no OTA update. Is it taking this long for anyone else?
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I finally recieved the recall letter in the mail. Still no OTA update. Is it taking this long for anyone else?
Same here. I am not worried about it either way. Not saying this is accurate but some have been saying the OTA is out for only the Early Access individuals and should be out for everyone else fairly soon.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
No OTA out yet for the masses. The updated cars have almost all been through FDRS (either DIY or via dealer). I believe a few Early Access cars got the recall software patch. Regular OTA patch should happen in the next few weeks for cars that havenā€™t gotten the update via FDRS. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 Recall Software - Server Deployment Issue WOT

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
I got my recall notice in the mail today.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜18 Pacifica PHEV, ā€˜22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Yes. I wish we could request the OTA update.

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Job 2
Occupation
Finance
Just got my recall updated by my dealer today. The dealer applied both the recall patches and a few others as well. I did notice some changes in the seat heater settings (auto mode), but not much else

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Just got my recall updated by my dealer today. The dealer applied both the recall patches and a few others as well. I did notice some changes in the seat heater settings (auto mode), but not much else
What does your Software updates ā€œRecent Changesā€ say in FordPass following the update?

I just picked my 21 Job2 car up from the dealer where they told me they installed the recall update 22S41, however FordPass shows me the last update was Ford Power-Up 2.8.3 and I still have the Recall Banner in FordPass. I havenā€™t been able to find any other version changes in the settings UI.

Whatā€™s the best way to confirm that the 22S41 update was actually performed?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
What does your Software updates ā€œRecent Changesā€ say in FordPass following the update?

I just picked my 21 Job2 car up from the dealer where they told me they installed the recall update 22S41, however FordPass shows me the last update was Ford Power-Up 2.8.3 and I still have the Recall Banner in FordPass. I havenā€™t been able to find any other version changes in the settings UI.

Manual updates performed by the dealer don't show up in FordPass. Post a request for a VIN check in the FDRS check thread and someone can check to confirm they installed it. Just put as a comment that you want confirmation of 22S41 being installed.

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Manual updates performed by the dealer don't show up in FordPass. Post a request for a VIN check in the FDRS check thread and someone can check to confirm they installed it. Just put as a comment that you want confirmation of 22S41 being installed.
Just did, thank you.

Is it possible to confirm any of this via Forscan or other apps like Carscanner? Iā€™d like to be more self-sufficient, but am finding it hard to justify the cost for FDRS directly.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Just did, thank you.

Is it possible to confirm any of this via Forscan or other apps like Carscanner? Iā€™d like to be more self-sufficient, but am finding it hard to justify the cost for FDRS directly.
I have the same question

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Just did, thank you.

If you know the actual module software versions then you can compare to what's been posted on the forum. You can see that in FORScan. FDRS is by far easier.

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Job 2
Occupation
Finance

Nothing, that section only shows OTA updates. Post of the FDRS section of the forum to see if you're updates were applied. That said, I also got Ford power up 2.8.3 today as well

DV8R

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GL350, Volt
Country flag
22B08 is not a "software" update. It's a procedure.

Ford are willing to pay a tech at your dealership to perform the steps in the 22B08 program to find out whether or not one or more of the GWM, TCU, or APIM modules are "stuck" and will not update, and then to "unstick" them using procedures in TSB 22-2150 if they are.

Mike
After running the 22B08 procedure, which took three multi-day visits, Ford determined my APIM had to replaced. Unfortunately, they aren't available and there is no ETA. To make matters worse, my car currently won't shift out of park, and has been at the dealer for over a month. I think this is related to 22S41, which can't be fixed without 22B08 which can't be fixed without an APIM. It's a vicious frustrating circle.
Sponsored