Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I'm planning a road trip next week and didn't want to wait any longer to get the update, so I had the 22S41 and BECM updates performed at the dealer today.

I asked why it's taking so long to roll it out OTA, and the service manager explained that it's due to a limitation of server capacity on Ford's end. I guess it stands to reason that since it takes around 30 minutes to install it would greatly impact how many cars could get updated at any one time.

But I would think that Ford is getting a rude awakening as to how much server capacity they need to have access to in the future. As more MME's are purchased, this problem will obviously only get exacerbated.

Also, if you plan on taking the car into a dealer to do this update - don't forget your fob like I did if you have any plans to use your phone while they're working on it! It took me around 2 hours total to get the job done, and I had to leave my phone with the car.
So, your service manager is an IT expert? What's he doing as a service manger, he could make a lot more money in IT.
Sponsored